64-

Ewan McGregor and co, were currently seated inside of his old Los Angeles home, the one he had shared with his now ex wife for nearly 20 years, to discuss the abruptness of the past few days. And unfortunately that meant the all too painful subject and presence of Damon Albarn. A man that Ewan had always been riled up with, who'd always taken a backseat to their marriage and had ultimately ended it.

Sure, he had his manager, press team and whoever else with him at this meeting. And his own children were somewhat present. Well, his elder ones weren't home. They never seemed to be these days. But his youngest was, and she was currently sitting in the living room, plopped down on the new dark green sofa.

Which had replaced the worn and loved red one that he had helped pick out when they had first bought the damn place.

Ewan felt bitter about being here. In his old house. That didn't even look like his house.

He had known Chloe had gone to town on it, changing it inside and out, except for their kids rooms. But he had never seen it. When he picked up Thea, he didn't really come inside. He didn't communicate with Chloe, and to be fair. He didn't really want to. He was still hurt, despite desperately working to get over what had happened.

"Thea, where's your mum at?" He asks softly, looking at the young girl in front of him "She was supposed to meet us here 10 minutes ago." He asks

"She's working. Said she'd be out soon." And with that, she turned back to her phone.

He doesn't say anything, instead he holds his tongue. Not wanting to badmouth his ex in front of his daughter. That would be unfair, although he was suspicious that something of the sort had been said about him. He didn't have proof. But he thought it had occurred.

"Are you sure you want to wait inside?" His manager mutters to him quietly "The patio looks relatively the same..and the back." They add quietly

"I'll be fine." He answers curtly before picking up his phone and staring at his lock screen, debating texting the woman who was late to her own teams meeting. In her own home.

But alas, before he can even do so, out from the hallway entered Maxis Erlich and Damon Albarn. This was slowly turning into a family affair.

"Ewan? What a nice surprise." Maxis says pleasantly, looking down at his ex son in law. "Thought you weren't picking up Thea till Wednesday?" He asks

"I've got a meeting with Chloe. What're you two up to?" He asks begrudgingly.

"New project." Damon says, shooting him a wink. "Figured since I had Elton on the last one, might be fun to have Maxis try it out."

Of course.

"I'm sure it'll sound great." Ewan answers surely, watching the scattered and confused expressions from the managers in the room.

"Please don't have a cat fight." Maxis says quickly "I've seen enough of those, and well, you two already had it out."

Thea looks up from her phone, making eye contact with Maxis

"Darling this was years ago. 1998 perhaps? Nothing recent." Maxis says to her

Ewan sighs, that was something he didn't want to remember, let alone think about. He'd felt so fulfilled then. He'd been on top of the world. Fucking Trainspotting was about to come out then. He'd been so abnormally happy. And now everything was crashing down. Or already had.

Thea wrinkles her nose "you've fought before?"

He sighs, this wasn't something he'd ever wanted to have to explain to his children. And he'd never expected that Chloe would end up with Damon Albarn either. At least not when that whole tv show scandal had happened.