66-

New York City was always a fucking experience. Chloe could barely remember the first time she'd come to the city, it had been so long ago. And even so, it was for her father's show. There hadn't been much time to look around, to shop, to explore. And while she had made trips later on in her life, she just never felt connected to the city that so many people loved and lived for.

The earliest she could remember, was watching her father play at a solo show and bringing out Elton John as a special guest. This had to be in the mid to late 70's, as she was just a toddler. Her younger sister was yet to exist and she watched as her elder siblings- barely school children at the time, rough housed around backstage and in the hotel room.

She remembered them clamoring around and saying they were pretending to be like Maxis, only for their mother to tell them that their father would never break a nice hotel's lamp. Chloe didn't really even see much of the show, she was bundled up, ears covered in headphones and got only a glance at the stage before her mother had whisked her off and put her to bed.

She remembered feeling jealous that Hans and Kendal would get to watch and see their family friend. And she knew they'd brag about all the people they met, the food they ate- the following morning. So she'd pitched a fit for her nanny.

And over the years, Chloe had ventured out into the city.

She'd visited the crystal department stores, watched her sister slide down runways. She photographed bands, watched them too. She slipped in and out of publishing houses and corporate magazine headquarters. She'd attended recording sessions. TV Studios.

And yet every time she came it felt more and more unrecognizable.

This was when her friends and partner would usually make fun of her for being too posh.

Somehow- on her most recent trip to the damned city, she had been coaxed into wondering around.

While her children were most likely off getting booze, or partying somewhere- Chloe Erlich and Damon Albarn were bundled up in their winter gear, strolling the streets, sunglasses perched on their noses, a slight bit of arrogance in their stance as they unfortunately made their way through Times Square- security following behind them from a leisurely pace.

Chloe groaned, looking around at the tourists taking photos, watching the billboards and all that over shit. "Why here? It's fucking unbearable. I could've gotten us a table somewhere nice."

He rolls his eyes under his shades and then snickers a bit "You don't want to get a picture with Elmo?" He says, motioning over towards one of the costumed freaks trying to hustle money out of nearby tourists.

"I'd rather kill myself." She says distastefully

"It'll be fun. You can send a picture to Thea." He pulls on her arm gently and begins to make his way over in the general vicinity of Elmo. Chloe wonders how either of them really know who Elmo is. Wasn't Sesame Street more of an American thing?

"Damon no- this is how people get-"

He cuts her off as he grins looking at the giant Elmo in front of them. "How much for a photo?"

The fluffy Elmo holds up a red furry hand, 5 fingers pointing up.

"Great. What a steal." Damon murmurs before looking at the annoyed look on Chloe's face. He laughs again before kissing her cheek gently and pulling her towards Elmo.

"This is a bad idea." She murmurs, watching as Damon has their security detail take a photo of the group with Elmo.

And as Damon goes to hand the $5 to Elmo, the Elmo shakes his head before saying in a husky voice "It's $20"