all better.

walking through the small convenience store was more awkward than the walk to it. people stared and quickly moved past you and tomura. you guessed he had an aura about him. you knew he did, but you saw through it. you could read him by the way he hid himself with clothes and over grown hair.

  you reached for the kitten food at the top of the shelf with a cloudy mind, tomura trailing behind. he had a few things he had picked out.

"you know, y/n, i can get some stuff for you as well." he said, with full arms.

you smiled and shook your head. he was misunderstood.

you almost dropped the bag when you felt your phone buzzing in your pocket.

IZUKU is calling....

it took you a few rings to process that he was calling.

"hey. give me a few minutes." you said slipping outside.

after sitting on the bench and taking a few breaths, you had missed the call, but you called back.

"hey," he picked up on the first ring.

"izuku," you breathed.

"hey? are you okay."

"my mom died last night."

"where are you?"

"im out with a friend. ill call you when i get home okay?" you rushed.

"okay. please dont forget. we'll talk later."

you hung up.

you peered through the glass doors to see tomura already checking out, so you decided to wait outside.

"did something come up?" he asked while approaching the bench you sat at.

you looked at him with guilty eyes. you were at izuku's beck and call. you really wanted to run to him.

"i'm sorry. i really appreciate what you're doing for me. you're a really nice guy. even though we just met.." you rambled, looking everywhere but at him.

"i dont mind taking care of you." he said.

your eyes widened. you had met him yesterday and here he was, fighting to take izuku's spot in your heart. were you that easy? you got up and hugged him immediately.

"thank you."

he couldn't really hug back, with the bags in his hands and the shock of you hugging him.

"i'll... drop these off at your place. um.. you should get going." he said slowly with a kind smile.

"thank you so much, again." you smiled at him and waved before walking the opposite way.

before long, you were outside izuku's dorm complex. you shot him a quick text and waited.

he was outside in a flash. before you knew it, his hands were on your shoulders, green sparks dancing on his hands. he was scanning your face and then he pulled you into a hug.

"how are you?" he asked with his hands holding your head into his neck.

with every ounce of your being, you wanted to lie. you wanted to make him feel bad for you. you wanted him for coddle you and try to make you feel better. you wanted to feel his warmth and you wanted his lasting attention.

"im okay," you sighed. he pulled away to look over you once more. he smiled and let out a small huff.

"okay. im glad." he said, running his hands over your hair, and pulling at a loose curl. "come upstairs with me." he said grabbing your hand and dragging you along before you could respond.

his room was a little messy. you sat on his unmade bed while he took off his hoodie. and of course his shirt came up and showed a bit of his v line. it was nothing you hadn't seen before. he had a slim build but still had plenty of muscle.

he flopped on the bed next to you, laying on his back and staring at the ceiling.

"im tired, y/n. lay with me."

you complied.

"you always listen to me." he laughed. you just sat quietly not knowing how to respond. a few silent moments passed.

"do you really love me?" you asked suddenly.

he turned his head towards you and frowned.

"i do. i know it's hard to believe but ive just been so busy." he said gently, " and im sorry about your mom. i should've been there for you."

you said nothing in response.

"talk to me y/n. please."

"what do you want from me? do you want to marry me, later? be with me forever?"

searching for permanence in a life so temporary wasnt something you did often but here you were with nothing left, begging for something.

"what?"