002.

002. early bird gets the worm, then pecks everybody's eyes out

HOGWARTS NEEDED to get better at their timetables and file sorting. honey wondered what the were using currently, maybe some sort of god-awful medieval sorting system with some old crone in the corner, only ever knowing the pathetic files with bleary eyesight trying her best for who knows how long she'd been at this school. whatever prehistoric methods they were using, honey wanted to issue a formal complaint about it (that was a joke obviously, honey did not have the stomach for confrontation).

she had hoped maybe that this year, it would not happen. because surely- after two years, they would realise they'd need to distinguish the two of them? but as honey sat at the hufflepuff table in the morning, hair braided with little golden bands decorated within and her tye as smart as she could possibly stand with relatively neat uniform, she found hannah abbot passing her the wrong timetable.

obviously, this was not hannah abbots fault. and if anyone where to accuse her of such a thing, honey might threaten them if she was feeling particularly angry- and then reassure poor hannah she had nothing to do with the mixup.

you see, the name staring back at honey was in fact not hers and she was quite sure of it. for her name was definitely not leslie jr jordan.

"they've done it again," she sighed and hannah sent her a pitiful look. "they've given me lee's schedule."

"they really have to get better at their filing situation," hannah said sympathetically. "i'll save you a bit of toast if you want?"

"don't bother hannah," she told her, "i'll just go eat something at the gryffindor table. we're bound to have a lesson together. did you choose divinations or care of magical creatures as either of your electives?"

"i chose arithmancy, so i probably won't be in divinations with you," explained hannah cheekily, "but i have care of magical creatures after lunch. there's just one big group of us, i think. we can walk there after lunch?"

"sound like a plan," honey nodded, "excuse me whilst i torment my brother."

hannah laughed a bit, and a trace of a smile graced honey's lips for a moment. "torment away, honey."

"thank you, i will." she nodded, snatching a small pot of jam before getting up and quite literally walking a few steps before she flicked her brother in the back of his head. he jumped and then turned around- ready to probably hex somebody before he saw her. he rolled his eyes, a grumpy pout forming on his face. "schedule?"

"just like the last two years," she sighed, "budge up- will you? i'm fucking starving."

"you hate the jam at the gryffindor table," lee frowned.

"why'd you think i brought the apricot one from the hufflepuff table?" she scoffed like he was an idiot, snatching a piece of buttered toast and spreading the jam liberally across her toast.

"you're going to get diabetes one day," lee said.

"don't care," she shrugged, stuffing it savagely into her mouth and chewing quickly before wiping off the crumbs onto a napkin, inspecting her timetable. "is divinations easy? people are saying its an easy mark."

"dunno," said a new voice. the weasley twins sat themselves opposite to lee and honey. "never took it," george continued.

"what did you lot take, then?" honey accused.

"arithmancy and care of-"

"yes i know what you took, idiot." snapped honey, "i live with you, remember?" she looked over at fred and george, "i mean what did you two take? i thought divinations was right up your alley, what with the easy mark thing."