006.

006. mad-eye moody's bloody mad!

THE SCHEDULE in front of honour jordan was not her own.

it should've been expected. it was one time too many now, and without a second glance- she got up and sighed, speaking her apologies to her roommates, her school satchel swung at her side as she sauntered to the gryffindor table (which really, was not that far. they were neighbouring tables, after all). on the way, round the end of the table(since she'd chosen to sit on the side which meant she had to go around the hufflepuff table), she'd spotted cedric- talking intently with a friend of his who was laughing at him- her hair dangling in golden coils. she shot a smile at him and waved- with the older hufflepuff boy returning the gesture.

lee, fred and george had shuffled themselves so they were close to a cluster of other familiar faces of harry, ron and hermione.

"give me my schedule, you numpty." honey said, snatching the paper from her brother, and smacking his own down on the table.

"pleasure doing business with you, honey." her brother said before he went back to conversing with fred and george, the three of them trying to find a way to bluff the 'impartial judge' and make their way into at least in running for being chosen as hogwarts' champion.

she slid down beside hermione, snatching a bit of toast before grimacing at the strawberry jam. however, being too lazy to go over a few steps to the hufflepuff table, she soldiered through and ate the strawberry jam on her buttered toast like a brave hero.

"how's your schedule?" hermione asked her.

"haven't looked at it yet," admitted honey, before she glanced down. she let her eyes scan over it, "outside all of this morning. i've got... herbology, care of magical creatures- double divinations 'course. then..." she squinted, "nothing else."

"what about alchemy?" hermione asked.

"dropped it," grumbled honey, "realised it wasn't helping with anything. see you have too- by the way." she sighed, "it won't help me become a magizoologist anyways. but besides- now i've dropped it i end the school day with the rest of you every day."

"you'll be fine with divinations, i suppose." muttered harry, "she doesn't predict you die every time."

"cut her some slack," argued honey, "she's helping with all the-" she dropped her voice and leaned in and said quietly, "seer stuff."

"how?" asked ron, "what's she doing? palm reading?"

"lessons, or something," she shrugged. she looked at hermione, who was tentatively having some porridge like she was afraid of it. "hogwarts porridge is addictive, eat it with more gusto will you, hermione?"

"oh she's eating again, is she?" ron said smugly. he looked at hermione, crossed his arms in a very hermione-ish way, and said, "go on. say i'm right."

"honestly ron-"

"say it!" demanded ron childishly (which made honey snort).

hermione sighed, "fine. you were right- there are better ways of making a stand for house-eleves and their rights."

"told you so," hummed ron.

"its this about winky?" asked honey, snapping her eyes to hermione, "are you finally doing what you said you would in that owl you sent to me?"

"something like that," hermione nodded. "then i found out house-elves make our food and they aren't paid." hermione glanced at honey's face- apparently waiting for shock. then, she frowned, "did you know?"