004.

004. pretty potter pretty much falling to his doom

SEVERAL THINGS that should've been independent to each other in the probability of honey having a very hectic and frankly tiringly full day. honey was a lover of lists (not to tick off and follow, no- just to be able to look at her crushing responsibilities and large number of complaints she had), and so- the mental list of 'terrible and surprising (but not very surprising) things that led to this day being full of many emotions' formed:

      1) sirius black

a few nights ago (or mornings- time blurred when the stars shone outside), their head of house- professor sprout- had barged into the dormitories, and room by room had told them to collect their wand and then follow their prefects to the great hall. there, they found the slytherins (who'd bunched with them. a familiar mousy brown brunette by the name of salem tates was there with her slytherin robes over her pajamas) walking with them to the great hall, where the gryffindors and ravenclaws already were with sleeping bags.

     2) eyes where on her

(this was the surprising thing, by the way). in all of honey's years of being in hogwarts (albeit, only three if counting this year), she'd been used to no glances in her way. she was good at being difficult, she was good at being stubborn ("which is basically loyalty- right? very hufflepuff of me."), and she was good at holding grudges- she was not, however, good at having three eyes drilling into her back every morning she tried to have toast with hannah in the morning.

     3) hermione granger (and her friends)

they were, by the way, the culprit of the stares, and honey was still confused as to why the staring was still happening. ever since... whenever it began (she'd only noticed after they had to spend the night in the great hall- when she woke up from a terrible nightmare), they never stopped starring and she had the feeling there was whispering too. but everytime she tried to confirm the whispers by going over to the gryffindor table to 'annoy her brother', they'd stop immediately.

      4) the nightmares and owls

everybody has nightmares from time to time, honey is a firm believer in this. you'll wake up and start to sweat, you're body might be aching and you might have a violent and visceral image in your mind that you can't quite shake for a while. if it's particularly dreadful, you might wake up crying or let out a little scream. honey is believer this happens once or twice in your life- a nightmare so bad your skin tingles and there's something in your mind, a hammer slamming away at your skull and you close your eyes wishing you could escape it all.

everybody has nightmares from time to time, honey had been having them back to back ever since the train ride there. it started off unsuspecting, and she'd wake up with a little jolt- as you do when you sleep and you feel like you're falling, so you wake to check you are in fact not falling. then they got worse, flashes of green- black cloaks swirling, maniacal laughter- the rest of the nightmarish stuff. honey thought that was the worst they could ever become- she was wrong.

it got worse.

from the flashing of green, she saw faceless people drop to the ground, from black cloaks swirling- she saw a swarm of them in a zoomed out perspective, suffocating the space with their doom and gloom as a faint spurt of light tried to chase them away, from the maniacal laughter, she saw hands holding ratty robes, she saw gnarled nails and buck-tooth teeth and a port looking man who looked like he'd come straight from the sewers.