Follow the Light

The hours go by - a light dances in front of his eyes. It blinds him momentarily - he reaches for it. To hold it in his hands, to cradle the energy, to take the light back. But it falls through his fingers, twists away, travels faster than he can reach. He can't see himself as he runs after it, not even his hand, but he can feel himself move. Wind rushing by, hands holding him down trying to hold him back.

But Henry fights through - he can't let the light get away from him. He has to be faster, has to be stronger.

He gets closer and it changes, it darkens, dulls farther.

He finds himself crying as he yells for it, it vanishing in a instant.

Darkness fills the void that he finds himself in, the air thickens as tears drop to the ground as he finds silence once more.

'Fuck.'

He mumbles out as a pair of hands slip over his body, soft in touch as one gently strokes his face. Charlotte appears in front of him, her existence makes him unsure as she watches him. And for a moment, he wants to believe it's true.

And then it isn't.

The grip tightens as her face shifts, a man staring back - his eyes dead, water pours from his mouth as he pulls in the blonde.

It changes again as the figure shifts to Jasper, the brunette laughing at him, blood dripping from his forehead -

but again reality shifts.

A cloaked figure leans towards him, his breath against the blonde's skin.

'Game on.'

And then Henry feels nothing. Nothing at all.

---

'Hey Kid, you look pretty beat up there.'

Ray sits in front of Henry, shaking his shoulder slightly as the blonde comes to. Miles holding him up, Henry using him more as a crutch. The spinning in his hand doesn't subside, but he doesn't try to stay afloat. He doesn't fight it. He goes under.

'Kid, you okay?'

The blonde blinks back the light, as he stares over at Ray before stumbling forward, a mumble of reassurance under his breath. His arms out as he collapses once more.