Trigger Warning

TW: Violence, Derealisation 

Any composure the cyborg once had vanishes, as he punches the former sidekick in the stomach – a pitiful move given that the force of energy rebounds on to him as well but he carries on. The blonde doesn't react, the pressure of the force and the chains around his wrists halting any defence he may have done – so Twittler carries on.

His neatly combed hair out of place as sweat drips down his forehead, his jacket hanging slightly off of his shoulder and his tie askew. The brunette leans forward hands resting on the poles as he leans towards Henry, even despite the energy rushing through him he takes little notice. The internet was a part of him, electricity was part of him, this was no difference. From the side, Drex watches amused. Clearly this had been very personal after all.

'A couple years ago, I could have agreed with you but you are no hero – you take and you take! He was all I had left after you fucking ruined my life! You've never had to lose someone –'

There's a flash which interrupts Twittler, as Ray Manchester and his Danger Force kids appear on the building in a huddle. Captain Man appears to be in conversation with them – unaware of their current presence.

'Maybe here's where you start!' he growls, his face inches from the boy's, both pairs of bloodshot eyes meeting. Twittler smiles as he sees a reaction from him, as the Blonde's hand twitches as he tries to move in the beam, his eyes narrowing down to the cyborg.

'Ray, do you know they can see us?'

Twittler turns around, his focus drawn to their new guests, as he waves – a new founded energy in his step. His mood had switched so quickly from hurt and anger to joy as his players have walked into his trap.

'Ray Manchester? It's been a while, hasn't it? It feels like a high school reunion –' The man gestures for Drex as he stands proud, 'To bad, your playing by my rules now!'

Thunder booms over head as the fray begins, Danger Force are left with no direction as they begin to fight off their friends. Henry watches through his half closed eyelids as he sees Miles desperately try to reach through to his sister, as he fights but with no force. He watches Bose as the kid gets knocked down to his feet as Chapa aims to strike him.

And in the middle of the fight, Ray takes turns fighting both Twitler and Drex, his punches missing as they circle him. Drex's word can be some how heard over the madness as the rain and winds pick up, he slams his body into Captain Man sending them both flying to the ground.

'KEEP UP OLD MAN –'

'We are the same age!'

Ray attacks back, throwing a kick straight into his chest knocking the winds out of his original side kick and into the railing. Twittler barely dodges the lunging figures as Ray picks himself up, yelling as he nears the railings.

'WE SHOULD HAVE STOPPED YOU A LONG TIME AGO, DREX!

YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT A PAIN IN MY SIDE THIS ENTIRE TIME, I SHOULD HAVBE ERASED YOUR MEMORIES WHILE I HAD THE CHANCE –'

'Like that did anything for me –' Twittler screams over the commotion as his eyes burn red – from Henry's angle he notices the man grab a device from his back pocket. He sees it flash with electricity; he sees almost in slow motion as the man raise it to lunge at Ray.

In the matter of seconds, Henry tries to pull himself away as he yells out in his only attempt of help –

'RAY! LOOK OUT!'

But it's too late, the pair meets eyes for a moment before the device hits into Rays side. In an instance energy surges through the indestructible man as he suddenly vanishes before his eyes.

His mask the only thing to –

'I'm proud of you, Henry.'

In a swift movement, Ray pulls Henry into a hug, the bad blood that remained melting away. Sobs and sniffles are shared between the two as they break apart, unspoken becoming the spoken.

'Swellview will be forever in debt to you – not only as the Dark Falcon, Kid Danger but also as Henry Hart...'

'I guess that's all out there now, isn't it?'

'Yeah, and lets keep it that way, 'Ray picks up his cup of tea leaning back in the couch as he carries on 'He was right, you know? About one thing anyway, that –'

The blonde's blood boils as his breath speeds up, but he finds himself drowning in the memories.

All of them remain broken and fractured but he finds himself –

'You know you can be so childish sometimes?'

'I'm aware.'

The figure snickers as Henry pulls their hand into his, their eyes follow the movement so they face each other. The tension subtle but building up.

'Henry Hart, what are you doing? I swear if you think you have the right to kiss me right now, 'they jokingly exclaim back pushing him playfully in the chest.

'No, trust me, I weren't, I'm just glad we're back togthger. Team and everything.'

'You boys looking forward to Dystopia?'

Dystopia. A bad place – a place that they shouldn't ever gone to. He shouldn't have allowed them to go back. They shouldn't have.

It was all his fault.

He was the root of the problem.

'Stop? STOP?' the figure laughs, but the words wobble, 'And then you'll kill me? Seems perfect.'

'You know I won't do that, I can't-'

'One day Henry, you'll learn that sometimes that's your only way –'

He feels the metal in his hand, as the trigger rests happily under his finger, the figure stares back at him fear starting to show on their face. It's a silent day on Swellview mountains until the shot rings out. And the figure falls beneath him. Their blood soaking in the dirt below –

No, his blood soaking into the dirt below as Blake's gaze shifts over to Henry for one final time before he stops all togthger.

Henry grits his teeth, as the thought plays in his head again and again.

Again.

Again.

He wished he could have done it differently.

He should have pulled that fucking trigger.

End of Part 1.