Out of Reality

trigger warning: derealisation

bit all over the place, but again hopefully it will make more sense as I go on - as well as when i eventually go back through and edit it further :))

Heat pulsed through the air as the sky light up with energy. They were here.

The team had ended up at the control tower, it had began to get obvious in which one Twitler had taken over, due to the darkening sky and pulses of electricity that began to radiate off it. They were to make their way up, Ray had decided to go first with Miles - Henry weren't in the mood to argue about this arrangement. So Henry lingers with Bose who is telling him a story about something to do with a ghost at the Man Cave, but his mind is elsewhere. They don't need ghost stories; they need a plan instead. He hadn't faced either of these villains for over 5 years, and now they had only half of  the Danger Force team left – it weren't a fair fight. Fair fights never really stayed fair and they were most likely on the losing side. Danger Force had faced a lot but they hadn't faced Drex before or Twitler. It was a dangerous match.

He used to think that Rick Twitler was his biggest enemy, but he knew that to be different now. However, that wasn't to undersell the criminal, he wasn't redeemable, he just wasn't the worse he had faced. The last time they had faced each other was in a prision cell, the time before that Twitler had took Henry's powers – they weren't on the fondest of terms.

It meant that this could end badly. It could turn very south.

'How's ....' Bose questions, but the words cut out, distorted.  It doesn't take Henry long to figure out what the boy had meant.

'They're good – busy as usual...'

'You don't seem to talk about them much – are you guys still ....'

'Hm hmm.'

There's more questions to follow in which Henry answers them all only with small nods of approval – his stomach is turning and he can't stand the idea of not being completely focused on the fight.

'Are you okay?' The figure leans over, it's face distorted once again but Henry can tell it's expression is a mixture of anger and annoyance. The figure lingers at the back of the bathroom as the blonde heaves at the toilet, nothing but bile coming up as the smell burns his eyes. He feels wobbly, he feels shaky but he tries to play it off.

'I'm fine, I'm fine,' once up he rinses his mouth before glaring at the reflection behind in the mirror, who expressions seems to soften as his expression hardens, ' I'm fine, I'm fine.'

'I'm fine.'

'That's good then – I thought I had lost you there for a sec,' Bose smiles, before grabbing him to the side in a sudden movement, just in time for them to see Drex get knocked out. While avoiding the view of any on coming attacks, the silhouette of Mika comes into view, her scream can be heard even more, followed by a crash and a groan.

Henry takes his chance with Mika, as he grabs her from behind, his hand firmly clamped around her mouth. Miles and Ray had been already knocked to the floor, he supposed out for the count, but at least they had taken their chance now. Drex laid a couple feet away, though not unconscious just delirious. They certainly didn't have long.

'So it was a trap? But why is Mika all evil now?' Bose rushes to his side, eyes alert now as he scans the area briefly around them. The Blonde tightens his grip on Mika, clearly she posed a threat, and it wasn't too hard to believe that she was being controlled. He had faced that before.

Bose was right though, this was a trap - a trap that they had just walked into. Which lead to the question of why? Why lead them to the base of the crime?

'I don't know but if there's an evil Shoutout, there's probaly an evil Volt –'

It's the sheering heat he feels first, and then finally the burst of pain that spreads along his chest. Winded by the force of the blow, he finds himself knocked to the ground, as his head hits back sharply on the concrete, consciousness going almost instantly.

His breathing rattles, his words come out as mumbled groans. Though through the small glimpses he can see through his dropping eye lids, he sees Bose sprawled next to him. He tries to reach out, shake him wake, but the pain eats away at him as he loses grip on reality.

And finds himself fading quickly.

The light flickers back and forth, as he pushes himself against the counter, his body shaking. He's shaking, not through the cold, not through anger, but fear. He's scared. He's never felt so much of it in his entire life.

The figure had tried their best to comfort him, but he had refused it, taking it out on himself instead. He wasn't thinking straight – he couldn't think straight. The figure blurs again vanishing from view as he breaks down by the sink, only appearing once more by his side stroking his hair out of his face. The wisps of their distorted face floating away as if their identity is being lost to the time.

He watches it disperse as another figures takes place instead; this one talks as if both of their lives depend on. And maybe it does.

' – worried about you! You need to get yourself out of this mind set – you are a great leader. Don't let them think other –'

' – please stop. Just give yourself a break, for like five minutes to calm down, to have something to eat –'

The comfort he remembers just made it worse.

The first figure runs it's hand through the blonde hair, the second starts crying itself. As the three crash, and the world caves in.