The Battle of New York

After sneaking away, Emma makes her way to the control hub where most of the other agents are stationed at computers with Hill at the center monitoring the ship while Fury is away. She stops to talk with another reporter for a few minutes before she plans on heading back to see if Captain Rogers had confronted Fury about the weapons.

Before heading to find the Captain, Emma walks up to where Hill is on the platform in the center of the room and asks quietly, "Hey Maria, can I ask you something real quick?" Her thinking is that maybe if she asks Hill nicely, she could get more answers than Cap could in his irate state with Fury.

"Yeah, what's up?" Hill asks while still keeping tabs on her screens.

"So I happened across something in a room down one of the halls and-" before she can finish her sentence though, the entire ship shakes and explosions can be seen near one of the engines of the ship.

Hill curses before telling Emma, "Let's continue this talk later, I have to figure out what the hell just attacked us." Emma holds onto the railing as announcements overhead call for all hands on deck. Hill looks at Emma and says, "You find someone and get a gun, whatever or whoever this is doesn't seem to be playing games."

"You got it," Emma replies. She then proceeds to follow a group of agents who are heading to the onboard armory to get weapons. Emma picks up a pistol and puts the safety on before tucking it into the waistband of her jeans and making her way back to the control room. If the fight gets there, the control agents would need to stay protected while they work and she plans on being the one to protect them.

After a few minutes, Fury reemerges at the control center and begins calling orders. As he looks at the damage to the ship, he says to Hill, "We need a full evac of the lower hangar bay."

"On it," Hill replies and motions for some agents to follow. She looks to Emma and says, "You too. We don't have time to sit around looking pretty, I need all hands on deck."

"Yes ma'am," Emma replies with a nod, following Hill and the other agents to the lower hangar bay.

Right as they begin walking though, something is thrown in their path. "Grenade!" Hill shouts, trying to dodge the blast.

Emma ducks behind a desk before the blast can get to her and she quickly crawls over to where Maria is on the ground. She asks her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Hill responds before peeking over the desk and seeing Fury about to get shot at. She quickly aims and shoots the attacker before he could get his shot off.

"Nice shooting," Emma comments as she stands up, taking the gun from her waistband in case there are more attackers on their heels.

Chaos then ensues as more attackers enter the area. Hill takes position behind some guard rails and shouts, "Praise my shot later, I need you to hold up that promise that you're a good shot!"

Emma nods before crouching behind the desk again and taking aim at anyone who is pointing a gun in their direction. Over the coms, Agent Coulson announces that the intruders had SHIELD armor on and that Thor and the Hulk were battling on one of the levels of the ship.

"Won't he tear this place apart by the Hulk?" Emma shouts in the direction of Hill and Fury.

Fury thinks for a second before telling Hill, "Get his attention." She starts calling out orders for a distraction into her earpiece at once, trying to save as many lives on the carrier as possible.

After the problem of the Hulk is dealt with, the three of them plus a few other agents remain in the control room shooting at attackers when there is a series of more explosions. One hits near the desk Emma is crouched behind, knocking her to the ground. In the process, she loses grip on her gun and it goes flying across the room.