Chapter 15

Before you start reading, I want to let you know that I fixed whatever was going on with Chapter 2 and 3. The actual Chapter Three is posted now, and I and so sorry about what happened and how long it took for me to fix it. 

That is all, read on.

~

Her hair was shorter than I remember it being in pictures, only coming to settle right above her shoulders, and she looked like she had just been in a stressful situation before she had opened the door to find me standing here, drenched in rain water and nearly in tears on her ex husband’s doorstep. 

“Oh my god, are you okay?” 

I just stared for a few moments, baffled as to why the fuck she was here, standing in my cheating boyfriend’s doorway, asking me if I was fucking okay. No I wasn’t fucking okay. I was fucking pissed as hell, and I was about to raise some hell because I’m a fucking teenager, and that’s just what we do, isn’t it?

“I-I, uhm, I’m one of Mr. Way’s students. He’s been helping me with a project, and we were supposed to finish it today.” I looked down at my sleeves that were hanging, soaked in front of me. “My car broke down a little bit down the street, so I had to walk the rest of the way here.” 

How I was coming up with this lie was beyond me, but I was thankful that she didn’t know shit about me because that just made everything easier. 

“Linds, don’t fucking answer my fucking door-” And with that, the motherfucker himself mad his way around the corner and saw just exactly who was standing on his doorstep. He stopped in his tracks, mouth agape and eyes wide when he saw my miserable ass. “E-Eliza, uh… What are you doing here?”

All of a sudden, the rage turned into confidence at just the sight of him, and I found myself smirking and pushing past Lindsay and walking straight up to him. 

“Hi, Mr. Way,” I say, nearly spitting out the name that I haven’t called him in so goddamn long. “You’re supposed to help me with my art project, remember? I waited for you at the school, but you left. I had to walk all the way over here in the pouring rain.” He looked terrified by me just being in the same room as his ex-wife, changing my story like the bitch I am. I wanted her to figure us out. I wanted him to lose. He’s an asshole. He deserved to lose. “That’s okay though. Clearly, you were busy.” I glanced at Lindsay, and then back at him. “I’m just gonna go start on it in the studio and let you work this out.” 

As I walked out of the room, I could hear their hushed voices, the argument that was happening before I showed up, obviously growing in intensity. I held back maniacal laughter as I stepped into the studio. My smirk faltered, and I stopped in my tracks, when I saw just exactly what was in the studio, waiting patiently. 

She looked a lot like her mother, but you could see traits of Gerard in her facial features. Her dark eyes were cast down as she focused on the coloring book in front of her. Her tongue was poking out from her lips, just like Gerard’s does when he’s super into a piece that he’s working on. When he’s super focused on anything, really. 

As I entered, her eyes shot up to see who was coming. She looked shocked and confused when she found a complete stranger standing there, watching her. I lifted my hand slightly and waved. 

What was wrong with me? 

What the actual fuck is wrong with me? 

Gee has a kid. I can’t ruin his life. If I ruin his life, I’m pretty much ruining hers. I can’t do that to her. Gerard’s a good dad. He actually cares. Maybe he’s not too good at relationships, but he’s a good dad, and I can’t ruin that for Bandit. I’m a fucking idiot. I’m the asshole. Gerard’s an asshole, but I am too. Fuck.