Chapter Nine

Thanks for 354 reads!!!!!!! Sorry I couldn't update sooner.

Zea's Pov

When we got there I was sweating. Marcus had seen my scars while we were on a date, so yeah a good reason to panic. 

"Zea", Marcus asked with a worried voice. "You okay". I nodded. I looked up to see a blanket under a willow tree. I held my breath. Beautiful. Marcus led me over to the blanket and I sat down. I saw Marcus's dad leave. 

"Do you like kiwi", Marcus asked. Random. 

"I guess", I said. He reached into the picnic basket. Then he pulled out a kiwi. I laughed. 

"What", he said acting offended. I rolled my eyes. 

"If I may ask what are those scars from", Marcus asked. I tensed up. He obviously noticed this and seemed to let it go.

"No I'll tell you", I said sighing. He perked up a bit. I explained everything, I left out Adam, Bree, and Chase's bionics. So, he still thinks I am just Bree's online friend.

"Wow", he said. I nodded. 

"So do you have any more food in that magical basket of yours", I said sarcastically. He laughed. Then he pulled out a platter of sandwiches. 

"Wow, all that for two people", I asked. He laughed again. I took one of the sandwiches and started to eat it. He did the same. Once we had finished the sandwiches, we started to talk. 

"I love the setting", I said gesturing to the willow tree. "It's beautiful". He smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you", he said. I laughed so hard I fell to the ground. 

"Oh your serious", I said. He nodded like it was obvious. Then Marcus got close enough that I could smell his shampoo. Lavender. I could tell he wanted to kiss me. So I did it for him. His eyes widened, but soon he eased into the kiss. His lips were soft. I broke away from the kiss. His eyes were still wide. I took his hand and took a deep breath. 

"Will you be my boyfriend", I said holding my breath. 

"Yes", he said kissing me again. His dad picked us up again, and my eyes had a glow in them the whole way home. I got out of his car and ran into the house shutting the door. 

"Bree's gonna love this", I said to myself. Bree ran up to me. 

"Tell me everything", she said. 

"Well I kissed him", I said sheepishly. Bree's eyes went wide.

"And", she said asking me to tell more.

"And now I have a boyfriend", I said. Bree squealed. I shushed her. I didn't want Leo to find out. He'd probably try to break us up. I looked at the clock. 5:00. Bree and I went down to the lab.

"So how was your date", Chase said wiggling his eyebrows. I looked at Bree who just shrugged. 

"You had a date", Leo asked. I nodded with a cheeky smile on my face. 

"With who", he asked. I started to run away. I ran to Bree's capsule and stepped inside. Leo came over to me but his words were muffled. Suddenly, I felt something in my neck. My vision started to blur. Am I dieing? 

545 Words