mj+co

(a/n sorry i haven't updated in a while ive been busy with midyear exams. I hope you like it!!)

y/n's pov-

I followed spiders instructions and plugged my phone in to charge it and tried to sleep. I sucessfully fell into a deep sleep after days of depriving myself of it. although this didn't last long. I woke up in cold sweats at 2 am after experiencing yet another nightmare. It was the same one i always had. My parents being killed infront of my eyes and me not being able to do anything about it, followed by what feels like an eternity of torture by hydra, until i am past my limit and finally wake.

I lied awake in my bed for hours, staring at the ceiling, because its fun and i kinda had no other choice. finally other girls started to wake up so i pretended to stretch and yawn so noone would get suspicious. I got up from my bed and grabbed my outfit for the day, some baggy jeans, a band t shirt, a zip up hoodie and lace up boots. as well as basically all the jewelery i own.

I ran downstairs, grabbed some breakfast, swung my bag on my back and left for school. Oh shit, i forgot i'm meeting mj's friends today. I hope they like me, i've had luck in the friend department lately so maybe it's meant to be. I walked through the various dodgy alleyways and streets that i had to, to get to school as fast as i could. After all i didn't wanna get kidnapped, again. Although i know i could easily defend myself against a criminal, with the powers and all.

I finally arrived outside the school building, i walked in and went to my form room (a/n- i'm british so idk what this is called in america- homeroom??) and sat down at my seat for a few minutes half listening to my teacher say something or other about graffiti-ing school property and how we shouldn't be doing drugs. Jesus high schoolers are intense. The teacher dismissed us to our first lesson and i quickly made my way out of the room, through the corridors and to my maths class, desparately trying to avoid trouble. Which i did, no one bothered me, which was surprising since i'm used to being constantly picked on.

I made it through my first 2 lessons with ease, all the work was a piece of cake. I spent  my break in the toilets, hiding away from students because i had no clue where mj was or how to find her. Third period was okay, i had gym so i just pretended to run the whole time. I had english fourth, so i was next to mj. Perfect for our lunch time arrangements. English finished and mj and i made our way towards the  cafeteria. My heart was pumping hard, for some weird reason. I never get nervous so why is it happening now?

I managed to calm down a bit without mj questioning me. We walked to a table with two boys. So this was peter and ned.
'mj hey!! we were just talking about you' ned greeted her.
'What??? No we weren't ned stop lying bro' Peter replied.
'bruh what-' Ned said.
'You guys are weird' both me and mj said in sync.
'so this is y/n huh?' Peter asked mj
'In the flesh' i said flaying my arms out by my sides.
As soon as the four of us started to talk i  quickly realised that these guys had just as much in common with me as mj and that we were gonna be great friends. I also realised i had no reason to be nervous, these boys weren't the classic highschool jock douchebags, they were science geeks and funny people who can make you laugh until your chest feels as though it's gonna explode. The new sensation of people liking me sparked a sense happiness in me that i hadn't seen in a while, and didn't expext to. Christ this is gonna be a rollercoaster of a friendship, i can't wait.