journey

y/n's pov

But it wasn't 'getting late' like they said, it was 8pm and i wasn't sleeping any time soon. They had something to hide, something big.

The email that had finally been sent told us that we'd be going to the avengers compound TOMORROW, for 6 hours from 9 am. We'd ve picked up by one of Mr Starks drivers and taken to the compound from school. All we were told to bring was a notebook, pencil and our phones, we'd be told what we were doing when we got there. A mysterious field trip, what a joy.

I was still excited of course, not nearly as much as ned though, mj was as chill as usual but peter was strangely calm.
I haven't known him for long, but i do know that an opportunity like this is way over the minimum to bring out his little squeeky giggles and jumps that he does. They're kimda cute tp be honest.

And yet i've seen nothing of the sort. He's probably just trying to keep his cool, after all he also has that tendency too. I might just be over thinking.

The next morning

'Shitshitshit nononono' i rolled out of bed and looked at the time on my phone.
'8:30' it read. I was gonna be late for practicay the most important day of my life. Why did no one wake me up, for fuck sake.

I grabbed the things we were told to bring, shoved them in my vintage shoulder bag and got dressed into something presentable in a total of 6 minutes.

I grabbed boots, shoved them on and messily laced them up, i could re do them in the car.

I began running to school, which was 35 minutes away. It was now 8:40, meaning i had 20 minutes to get to school, which as i said before is 35 minutes away from the orphanage.

'FUCK' i said aloud, receiving some horrified glances from several old ladies and passers by.
'what you've never heard anyone swear before?' I laughed and ran off quicker, realising a) i was about to get beat up and b) i needed to get to school.

The time was now 8:56 and i was nearly there, i knew starks drivers had a tendency of being right on time so i was definitely gonna make it .

There it was, the glorious ugly building of mid town tech. And i could just make out 3 figures standing infront of it. My glorious friends. I ran up to them.

'Jesus y/n we almost thought you weren't coming' ned said
'Yeah i'd never miss this opportunity'
'Why you late?' mj asked
'Woke up late'
'What time did u leave'
'8:40..'
'girl don't u live like 40 minutes away'
'I ran duh, why'd you think i'm out of breath'

Just then, a black car pulled up infront the school. We stared at it in awe. The driver yelled at us out of his window.
'Get in then, i haven't got all day'

All four of us jumped in the back without hesitation, not wanting to be berated by this angry driver again.

'Hello children, my name is happy hogan and i am Tony Stark's assistant/best friend/food delivery man/driver, i will also, it seems, be your driver. Do not annoy me it won't go well.' The driver said as he stared ahead with the most neutral and unreadable expression on his face that amyone can have.

'Why is your name happy if your so grumpy?' I said, in the mood for annoying adults.
'I said don't annoy me demon spawn'
'Uh-'
'Don't speak-

The car ride was long. The compound is in upstate newyork and we were located in the maim city. Happy was okay, though he was kinda rude and abrupt at first.

An hour later, we were close to the compound. I was just listening to music with mj the whole time, we were sharing headphones. It was a 8 seater car, so happy was in the front, peter and ned were behind and mj and i were right at the back.

I looked out the window as we were becoming closer to the building. It was huge, i saw some people in the top windows staring out, damn thats the avengers, i thought.

This is gonna be one hell of a ride.

(a/n- hehehe cliffhanger. got this one out quicker for y'all bc i've actually had motivation recently + its the easter holidays so i've had 18 days off lol, i go back tomorrow tho :/ hopefully i'll get another chapter out soon but i don't know how much homework i'll get lmaoo)