well what do we have here

y/n's pov

as we were sat in the avengers kitchen finishing up our sandwiches that wanda maximoff made us??? we heard a stampede of foot steps headed our way. like over 5 people. and unless 10 members staff were coming to have lunch, we knew who it was likely to be.

i started internally freaking out again and just 10 seconds later the rest of the avengers walked through the wide kitchen doors.

captain america, black widow, bruce banner, thor and his brother loki as well as quicksilver who greeted his sister with a warm hug.

it looked liked he was going to go up to peter but wanda pulled him back and whispered something in his ear, a look of realisation forming on his face. more suspicous activity.

everything peter had been doing lately was really suspicious, he acted too cool when talking about the avengers, when we were with them and everyone is acting like they know him then covering it up. i think they do know him. my head filled with thoughts.

wait a minute, spiderman had been hanging with the avengers lately, and he's the only one we dont know the true identity of. wait, no it cant be, is peter, is peter spiderman? -

'earth to y/n???' mj stated, looking at me strangely, removing me from my daydream of spectulations.

'oh sorry-' i looked around, strange stares and grins coming my way from everyone.

'well what do we have here'

they were all looking at me too, but when they saw that i noticed, quickly glanced away.

nats pov

as i walked behind the othera into the kitchen after finishing up training, i noticed them slowing down and giving each other mixed facial expressions and reactions to whatever they just saw in the kitchen.

whatever it was, it had to be good so i took a peek over steve and saw peter and his friends. oh it was the internship today! i had completely forgotten! we walked fully into the kitchen and said hi to the other avengers and i saw peter and his friends.

my eyes wandered around as i tried to put names to faces, peter was on the couch with a brown haired boy talking to bucky and sam, ah that must be ned. a girl with curly hair was chatting to wanda and clint, thats mj! and with them was another girl. oh. my. god. thats y/n!!! the girl we'd been texting and turned out to be one of peters friends.

i had been waiting to meet her for so long now and just as i was about go up to her, i remembered that she doesnt know who we are, yet.

i saw her eating her sandwich and she looked so cute, i just wanted to squeeze her tight and protect her forever.

she and the others kids then stood up to greet us and i shook each of their hands, but i think i shook y/n's hand too long, because she looked spooked after it happened.

y/n's pov

as i finished up my food, i read the room and felt all eyes on me. us kids got up and greeted the other avengers. each of them seemed so kind and caring.

but when the black widow shook my hand i felt a familiarity that i hadn't felt with anyone else my life. and i swear she squeezed my hand for a straight 5 seconds, AND looked me straight in the eye. i felt like i had met her before but clearly i hadn't, after all its natasha romanoff??? the best avenger.

she quickly backed away after a few seconds and went with the others to fix herself lunch.

"ALRIGHTY KIDDOS"
tony said very loudly out of no where, scaring the shit out of everyone, especially me.

"now you've finished your lunch let's get back to work!!" he stated, clearly sensing a strange feel in the air like me.

we headed out of the door and i felt more stares on my back, i peeked round for a second and saw heads turn away from me. huh.

why did they care about me so much? what did i have that the others didn't?

nats pov

when tony and the kids finally left we all immediately turned around to face each other from the random shit we were doing in the kitchen.

'THAT WAS Y/N' i screamed
'WE KNOW' sam replied, full sass mode
'wait what?' bruce said
'the y/n we've been texting?' loki added.
'YES'

'jeez i know your excited to meet you daughter nat but calm down'
'SHUT UP BUCKET'
'yeah thats never going away is it?'
'nope and im never letting it'
'fuck off sam'

'SO WHAT R WE GONNA DO??'
'uh nothingg??'
'great help clint'
'always here for you nat'

'Surely she doesn't know we're the people she's been texting right??' wanda questioned.
'considering how she could feel and saw us all staring at her, im not sure' her brother replied

'how long does the internship go on for?' i asked.
'a month i think?' cap replied.
'well i guess that settles it'
'settles what?'
'how long we have to get to know her, and let her connect the dots' i replied.

'i like where you're going' sam added with his little smirk.

(a/n HEYY GUYS sorry ive been gone for so long :((( i had no motivation whatsover. chapters will be released randomly bc i have other stuff i need to prioritise. thank you for all the patience, reads and votes bye bye :D)