the 2nd meeting

y/n's pov-

after that absolutely chaotic chat on the groupchat i place down my phone and actually try to sleep for once. i have less energy than usual at this time, probably because of the great day. i suceed in getting a few hours in but succumb to the forces of nature in my mind. i have nightmares a lot and usually they are all the same, or at least similar.

but this one was different, usually they include horrors from my past, from the experiments. not this one. this one was like a dream, something that had not yet happened. a nightmare none the less, but also a vision.

it was of a silouhette of a person, a shadow, surrounded by bright light. all most bursting out of them. the light was  too bright to be able to see the person, contrasting against the darkness. the nightmare started in darkness and ending in light and screaming. the person seemed surprised and their screams were not that of pain but rather of shock and fufillment.

i dont know why i got this dream but it must have something to do with me. what, i dont know. but i'll figure it out eventually, i always do. it was about 5 am when i was awoken so i had some time to spare. the others usually started to wake up around 6 30 and so i took my chance to take a shower in peace.

after that i got changed into the most comfy, but presentable clothes i owned. after all i was spending the day with tony stark and the avengers so i wanted to look the best i could. like my online friends said, i should get to know them, so i was going to do what they said and make the most of my time with them.

the others had woken by the time breakfast rolled around so i had time to sit down and eat for once and when 7 30 hit i headed out the door as usual.
we were picked up by happy again outside of school and it was nearly 9 when we finally arrived at the compound. tony said he would have used the tower but it's undergoing construction at the moment so we have to drive for like 40 minutes everyday.

tony met us at the door this time and took us into the elevator, we stopped at the living area first which had us all confused.

'im gonna make a coffee, talk to them'
he stated pointing vaguely at the heros who were sat on various sofas staring up at us.

all four stood there in confusion for a few seconds. probably all wondering the same thing - tony stark is making his own coffee and not getting one of his many robots of assistants to donit for him. a few seconds later wanda got up and beckoned us over to a free sofa.

we sat down immediately, not wanting to seem rude. an uncomfortable silence grew before it was broken with a question.

'so what kind of music to you guys like?' natasha said.
'one by one, starting with mj' steve added.
'well i like taylor swift and phoebe bridgers mostly but i love beabadoobee as well' she replied adding a small smile at the end.
'a bit of everything really, rock and indie, all that stuff' ned stated.
'the cure, arctic monkeys, nirvana, lots more' peter followed with a laugh.
'i love rock so fleetwood mac, the smiths, bowie etc. i like beabadoobee too. anything that reminds me of home i guess' i finished.

'you're british right?' bucky asked me.
'yep, born and raised'
'why are you in america then?' sam added.

i paused for a moment unsure of what to say next. i could lie, but they may figure me out and deem me as an untrusting person. and I don't want either my friends or the avengers to see me that way i havent even told mj, peter or ned yet. but what the worst that can happen.

'i moved to america after my parents died'
'oh my im so sorry' clint said
'dont be, i was very young so i can hardly remember them. i just try to hang on to what i have yk'
'where do you live then?' tony said walking in from the kitchen.
'um at the moment an orphanage in queens but I move from place to place sometimes'
'is it alright there?' mj asked me, finally speaking after the 'big news' came out.
'yeah it's fine right now, some of them are bad but this one is nice'

'sorry to interrupt the storytime guys but we gotta get going if you want to have time to get some work done before lunch' tony butted in.

I rose from my seat on the sofa and gave a few small waves to the avengers displaying small smiles on their faces. the others did too and we began to follow tony back into the elevator. I felt the strange tense atmosphere fade as i entered the elevator and I saw the group of adults staring at us as the doors shut in our faces.

nats pov

'ITS DEFINITELY HER' I said as the elevator doors made a final close.
'we already knew that nat' bruce replied.
'YEAH BUT KNOW WE DOUBLE KNOW'
'jesus calm down nat, its like 9:30' sam said
'we know you want to get closer to your internet daughter or whatever but stop screaming' pietro added, his sokovian accent illuminating the words, despite several years in the us and several attempts at (butchered) american accents from sitcoms.
'hey! it seems you guys have forgotten that i can slit your throats in your sleep'
'also WTF IS AN INTERNET DAUGHTER?'
'yeah pietro that was a little weird' wanda continued.
'whatever' her brother whined.

'should we start to put the plan in action today?' loki butted in.
'yeah I think we should' cap replied
'we never really asked her anything memorable on the groupchat' thor added.
'so let's text her then' i suggested

'orrrrrrrr we could argue?' sam grinned, making direct eye contact with bucky as he did so, who also had a wide smile on his face.
'oh god not the tomato thing' i huffed back
'what omg at least it was memorable, me and bucky are like the only entertaining ones on that groupchat'
'it is actually quite a good idea, it was only yesterday and it might be too obvious if we text her today.' clint backed them up.
'dont humour them clint' I said pausing to watch the pair smiling up at me.

'ugh fine you can do the tomato thing jesus'

(hey guys i want some input! i was thinking of changing/editing this story from an x reader to an actual story with a named main character / oc i create. idk im still on the fence about it. i have a good idea of where this is gonna go but im just not feeling the y/n stuff too much anymore, I feel like it takes away from the quality or whatever. would u care/keep reading if I did this? its ultimately my decision I just want some thoughts pls<3 tysm for reading my loves, ps also give me any ideas you might want to see in this book I love me some input lmao)