Chapter 22

I am in a slump. 2021 has changed my life for the better. I wouldn't replace it for a thing. I lost friends that I had for over 10 years. And I am so lonely. Sometimes it makes me sick to the point I can't work. It's physically sometimes so painful, like it's a disease. We are in another lockdown over here. And it makes me feel depressed. So I am trying to focus on writing again. Creating my own reality where I am the director, hoping it will take this pain of loneliness away.

Thank you for reading my book by the way. If you all knew how grateful I am that my books are being read by amazing people like you all.

Thank you.

Enjoy this chapter!

And please take care of yourself.

Lucille Henderson P.O.V.

I felt cold. I was surrounded by darkness. I tried to look around, but my body couldn't move. I could feel my heart beating, and a warm pull leading me in this darkness. This isn't death.

What happend?

I looked around, once more. I was surrounded by darkness in the woods. A wolf came walking to me slowly. The wolf that haunted me in my dreams for the past couple of days. He isn't here to attack me. I knew that for a fact. He sat down on the forest ground, his head resting on his front paws and watching me from far.

I was confused. I am missing something and I don't know what?

I started walking closer to the wolf, he raised his brows when I was just a foot away from him. I felt safe with the wolf. I sat down in front of him.

''Hi'' I said to the wolf. He raised his head and looked into my eyes. His eyes glazed over and suddenly I heard a voice inside my head.

''Hello there'' and I gasped from the feeling. I have never mind linked with anyone before. How can a random wolf that isn't from my pack mind link me?

''I can hear you'' I said staring at him. He nodded.

He didn't say anything for a while.

''Who are you?'' I asked the wolf. He looked sad for a second and didn't answer.

''I am Zion's wolf'' he said. I nodded not understanding why he was here.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked him.

He looked down.

''Watching over you'' he said staring into my eyes. I frowned.

''Why? Did something happen?''

He looked frustrated.

He nodded.

''I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself. So I came to apologize myself.'' The wolf said.

I was so confused. What happend?

''Your wolf'' he waited before answering me. Like he knew what was going on in my mind.

''Your wolf isn't talking to you. And you don't know who we are to you'' the wolf looked upset by this information.

I looked away. Why?

''What's your name?'' I asked.

''Ares'' he said through mind link. I nodded. Latin name that means: God of war.

''Ares, a werewolf always can hear their wolf talking right?'' I asked him hoping if he has an answer for me. He nodded not bothering to talk.

''How old are you Ares?'' I waited and he didn't answer. Just kept staring.

''That's for Zion to answer.'' he said after realizing that I wanted an answer. I sighed. '

''Why am I here?'' Maybe he can answer this.

He looked away. "You will wake up soon, Zion will answer that. " I sighed again. What a wolf Zion has. He walked towards me and nudged me with his head. To say goodbye. Afterwards he stood behind me and the scenery changed. When I opened my eyes. I was back at the hospital. I looked outside and saw that it was night.

I tried to recall what happend. And suddenly it dawned on me. Zion being angry that I have a crush, attacking his Alpha. Then forcing me to say who I like. Then biting me. Or shall I say marking me?

I thought for a second then came to the realization.

Beta Zion from the Timidus pack is my mate...? Where is my wolf to say that?

I looked at what I was wearing, and I was changed into pack hospital clothes. A white jogger and a t-shirt.

I got out of bed and wanted to look in the mirror. To see what sort of scar was on my shoulder.

Walking to the mirror, I saw myself. After what happend today. I was glowing. My skin was glowing. Looking at my shoulder, I saw a mark there. A little bit darker but it was there. I have been sighing a lot more today.

I needed to tie my long hair. It was starting to annoy me. I started to look around the hospital room if I can find something. I heard a knock on my door. Already knowing who it is.

"Come in" I said softly. I was standing next to my hospital bed with my hands behind my back staring at Zion. He looked bad. Like really bad. His hair was a mess, he had dark under eyes. His clothes where a mess. He didn't dare to look me into my eyes. He cleared his throat.

"How are you?" Zion asked. Shuffling on his feet. Who would have guessed that one of the oldest werewolves didn't even dare to look me into my eyes.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm fine now. Can I come in?" He was the whole time standing behind the door.

I nodded and he came in. Walking towards me but stopping a foot away. He looked up at me, and when we looked into each others eyes. I felt like our whole world stopped. Why haven't noticed this before? His dark brown eyes have a ring of grey around them. The colour of his wolfs eyes.

He stepped closer and put one hand on my cheek stroking it with his thumb while his other hand was on my hip. I was hypnotized by his touch.

I took a step away. Realization dawning on me. He marked me without my permission. I looked away. Not daring to look at Zion.

He sighed and stood there. Looking at the ground.

I sat down on the bed. Looking out the window.

"I met Ares" I said looking at him. He looked down and nodded. He was glaring at the floor.

"He apologized" I said. He was clenching his fists. From regret. In comparison with his wolf, he was the more aggressive one.

He nodded. "Ares told me, I came to apologize too" he looked now towards me. Into my eyes.

I nodded. I was thinking. I understood why he reacted that way, imagining finding your mate and she doesn't recognize you? That would be horrible.

"It's fine" I said. Zion shook his head.

"No my dear Lucille" he stepped closer to me.

"It's not. You are my mate. I should have never marked you without permission." He said with so much regret in his voice.

I already forgave him for what he did. Could he?

"Zion don't worry. It's alright. I understand why you did it." He looked really troubled and didn't say anything.

After that he left and didn't come back the whole day.

I didn't expect that my crush was my mate.