Familiar

Kim Sunoo's POV

I kept my phone inside the pocket of my padded jacket. It wasn't snowing, the air is just too cold especially at day time.

I stopped by a convenience store to buy some ice cream. Ice cream always makes everything better.

"Oh, Sunoo?" Someone from behind called.

I immediately looked back. Oh, it's Jay hyung!

"Ah, hyung! It's nice to see you here," I went for a high five.

He was holding a bag of sodas, so I believe he will hold a party? Well, whatever it is, I hope Jungwon was here.

His phone started ringing in the middle of our conversation, so he had to excuse himself.

"Yah, you learn to wait, yeah? Don't touch any of my things. I'll be right back, Hoon-"

Hoon?

It was the last word I heard before he distanced himself out of earshot.

No way.

I opened my phone to call Jungwon, but I suddenly remembered that it was broken.

I sighed again.

After a few minutes, I payed for the mint choco ice cream I bought and met Jay again.

"Woa, mint choco. You never really got tired of it, hm?" He teased as soon as we met outside the store.

"It's my lifeline." I joked. He just laughed and shook his head.

"I'll be going now, the others are waiting for me, those crackheads can't keep sane without me." He jokingly ranted. "Well, do you want to come with me? Jungwon will be-" he stopped himself.

"I mean, nevermind," he awkwardly smiled. "I'll invite you some other time, yeah?"

"What? No it's completely fine. But what about Jungwon?" I found the chance so I asked.

"Uhmm, I'll let Jungwon tell you instead," he softly smiled at me.

This must be good news, right? It must be.

"I'll get going now, Sun! See you when I see you." He waved and smiled again before finally walking away.

Gosh, I am overthinking again. Anyways, I really need to get my phone fixed.

I went on my way to the nearest phone repair shop.

"Is Jungwon with Jay?" I thought as I continued walking.

My phone suddenly started ringing. I immediately checked to see who it was but the cracked screen won't allow me. It does not even detect when I try to accept it!

"Gosh, what if it is important?" I sighed.

I stepped into the phone repair shop, good thing it wasn't as pricey as I thought.

"You can come back for it tomorrow, dear." The woman on the shop said.

"Can't it be fixed within the day?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, you see, I have several phones to fix, too. It would take long for yours to be fixed. I'll do my best, though, so don't worry." She looked at me with an apologetic smile.

Right, gosh, what was I thinking?

"Ah, I understand. Thank you. I'll be back by tomorrow." I smiled in defeat as I walked out of the shop.

I continued to dig in on my ice cream and sat by the bench. The streets was not as busy as usual, so the air was really calming to take in.

"I wonder how it would be when you're with me right now..." I thought.

"Ah, no! I went out to put my mind off of him, but why is it that all I could think of is him?" I held my head, trying to snap out of it.

Gosh, I'm going crazy without my phone, I can't even talk to anybody right now.

I lifted my head and saw someone walking on the other side of the street. He was wearing a black face mask, his dark bangs covering his eyes.

He was wearing a dirty-white long sleeved shirt, and his hands were in his pockets as he speed walked towards the direction where the convenience store was.

His confident walk, his tall physique, his dark hair, his fair skin.

It was all familiar.

I lightly slapped my cheek to make sure I wasn't dreaming, that I was not imagining things, but he was out of sight as soon as I looked back up to check.

I should stop making everything about him, now that I have graduated, my attention have been diverted to him, which I hate.

I should go home for now, I guess.

Park Sunghoon's POV

As soon as my parents have finally let go of me after breakfast, I immediately told Jay that I was back.

Everyone was excited that he decided to throw a small party, just for us.

"Will Sunoo be there?" I contemplated as I tried to pick an outfit.

After a tiring flight, I guess the idea of seeing Sunoo gave me the strength to agree.

As soon as I got ready, I speed walked towards the waiting shed for the bus since Jay and the others were already waiting at his condo.

On my way, I spot a man eating ice cream on the other side of the street.

"Sunoo?" I thought.

I wanted to stop and check, but it was already quite freezing, so I had no choice but to keep walking.

At the waiting shed, I remembered how the man sat and how his whole being looked like.

"That was Sunoo, and I am sure of it." I thought, preparing to enter the bus that's currently approaching.