Love

Park Sunghoon's POV

"Have you arrived at your condo yet?" My mom messaged me.

I am now at a bar, alone. I just felt like I need to unwind after so many thoughts and events just as soon as I arrived here.

I placed my phone down as soon as she sent me the location of my condo. I immediately downed my drink, not giving a shit.

Ah, this is quite strong.

I don't usually drink, but after a few years in the States, friends would constantly ask to hang out. Of course, we would do it on breaks.

I checked the time on my phone.

6:14 PM

It's still early to be drunk.

"Sunghoon?" I immediately looked at the direction where the voice came from.

"Love?" I asked as soon as I faced her.

"Oh gosh, it is you!" She suddenly went in for a hug.

She's Kim Sarang, a fellow Korean who I met in the States. She prefers to be called Love, though. I didn't know she went home as well!

"It's been a while!" She sat beside me and ordered a drink for herself.

"Yeah, I didn't know you were coming home, too?" I asked.

"Well, I wasn't really planning to, but my parents wanted to see me," she shrugged as she thanked the bartender for the drink.

I nodded at that. I feel the same though, but it is not them who wanted to see me, nor completely vice versa, it is mostly just because of someone special.

"Why are you drinking alone?" She suddenly asked.

"Just to unwind, plus my friends are quite busy." I smiled bitterly.

"Right, that happens," she smiled. "Want to spend the whole evening here with me? I don't have anyone with me, too." She cautiously asked.

She's a great, gentle, and an independent person. Sarang. She's in med school too and is very hardworking. Unlike me who was forced to study abroad, she really dreamt of living and studying there.

I pursed my lips and agreed. She's probably looking for company too.

"You can drink all you want, I have my car." She smiled. She's as thoughtful as ever, too.

"Right, I'll get wasted." We both laughed before talking the night away.

-

I looked at my phone and saw it was already 9:45 PM.

"Yah, stop drinking already." She stopped me from drinking another shot of liquor.

"So, will you meet him tonight?" She asked.

I looked at her for a second, completely confused.

"The person on your lockscreen," she smiled at me, almost teasingly.

I looked back at my wallpaper. Oh, right, it's still him. It's always him, always have been.

"Was he the one you're talking about just now?" She asked again. I noticed she wasn't drinking anymore, maybe she really was serious implying about taking me home.

I nodded.

I felt her patting my back.

"Don't worry too much, I'm sure fate will be on your side this time." She assured me.

I wanted to cry. Maybe it's the alcohol? Or was it the feelings I have been bottling up within myself?

I felt my sight spinning at this point. There's no way I can go home alone!

"L-Last." I raised my glass, motioning a toast, but she stopped me again.

"That's enough, I'm taking you home." She firmly said and withdrew the glass from my grasp.

"Tell me your address." She commanded.

Address? What's that?

"Yah, Hoon, don't sleep on me." I heard her and felt her light slaps on my cheek.

Oh.

I grabbed my phone and immediately opened it.

Fuck, it's a good thing I finally got my own condo to stay in. My parents won't like to see me in this state.

I unconsciously showed her the location my mom sent me earlier.

I suddenly felt her grab my phone and swing my arm around her shoulder.

"Walk the fuck straight," I was startled because it's like the first time hearing her curse.

At that moment, I thought I was sober.
I tried my best to stand straight, but I failed anyway.

I heard her groan, before completely blacking out.

-

"Huh?"

It was as if darkness was swallowing me the moment I opened my eyes. Thanks to the pulled-up blinds, the reflection of the moon illuminated the dark room.

Wait, where am I?

I looked around to see that I am in an almost empty room. Only furnitures such as the night stand, cabinet, and the bed where I slept are in here.

It feels familiar but at the same time, it isn't.

Before more thoughts come rushing, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Ah fuck." I hissed. Right, I went out drinking....yesterday?

Why is the sky still dark?

I looked at my phone and saw it was only 3:57 AM.

Fuck.

I closed my eyes again, putting my arm over my eyes, trying to remember the events yesterday.

"Love!" I recalled.

I looked at the nightstand and saw a small note.

"If ever you forget, you're in your condo now. I brought you here so don't worry too much. Drink these too. I'm sorry I couldn't stay, my parents might be worried. Please help yourself"

- Love :)

I felt relieved after reading it. She also left her phone number behind it.

I immediately drank the meds that was prepared for me.

As I was drinking my water, the sound of my door opening caught my attention, causing me to choke on the water.

"Oh?! What the- Fuck!" I heard someone's high-pitched voice behind the door.

I didn't get to see the person's face because of the darkness. They did not fully open the door too.

"W-Who's there?!" I asked, trying to sound as scary as possible.

God, it's literally 4 in the morning. Is this even normal?!

I heard faint footsteps of the person who quickly left my room.

I quickly stood up and finally opened the door of my bedroom, revealing the spacious, but empty, living room area.

I looked down to see a plastic bag. It's like someone intentionally left it.

"Huh?" I picked it up out of curiosity.

"Food?" I examined its content, verifying that it is indeed food.

Fuck, who are you?