A Week-Long Date?

Park Sunghoon's POV

"What's wrong?" Sangwon looked at me, playing with his cup of tea.

We are currently at a cafe just right across the hospital. Though we did not want to leave, Sunoo insisted that he wanted space as soon as he came back to give Jake a drink.

Weirdly, I quite enjoy Sangwon's company. He does not look like a threat at all as I thought he is.

Or maybe I just changed my mind when he told me he would treat me a drink right now.

"Nothing." I slightly shook my head.

"Eyy, you don't look okay. It's Sunoo, right?" He teasingly asked. His smile never left his face ever since he started talking to me.

I let out a loud sigh, earning a laugh from him.

"I thought so." He drank his tea and sighed.

"You know, Sunoo is a great man. I was actually kind of attracted to him the moment I saw him alone in the library. Well, not kind of, but REALLY attracted to him, that I wanted to get to know him." He laughed at his own confession, almost bitterly.

That caught my attention. I knew those eyes from the start, I knew he liked Sunoo. It actually surprised me when he told me they weren't together.

Well, after years of being away, having the thought of Sunoo dating will really cross my mind.

"You didn't tell him?" I asked him.

"Hmm... no?" he said, sounding uncertain, "well, I am not the type to tell people directly that I like them. I usually just show it through my actions, you know?" He continued.

"Why, though, I mean..." I thought for a moment.

Maybe he is right.

"To be very honest, I still do like him now. I've seen the man weep over someone else whenever we go drinking. I've seen him at his worst. Witnessing him almost giving up made me feel like I needed to be with him. I felt the need to protect him." He stared at his cup as he spoke.

"He is a very strong man, and I admire him so much for that." He drank again.

I took a good look at him, observing his eyes.

No.

I won't let him have him.

"I am glad Sunoo met you. Thank you for taking care of him while I was away." I smiled at him.

"I just figured that you were that man he always spoke about." He said. "He must have really loved you." He looked down, nodding.

I felt my chest tightened at the vision of Sunoo hurting. I never wanted him like that, but it had to happen.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. He probably likes Sunoo too much that he is willing to let him go.

"Don't hurt him again, hm?" He looked at me straight in the eyes. I laughed.

"You are not even sure he still likes me." I shook my head.

"You're out of your mind right now." he laughed in disbelief. "Did you see how he slapped my hands away earlier?" He laughed again. I don't know why but I heard pain in his laugh.

I looked at his eyes again. He was laughing but his eyes looked sad. Fuck.

"Just make it up to him, okay?" He said after a pause.

"But I'm leaving in a week, Sangwon." I blurted out what was on my mind the whole time.

It's time that hates us.

"So what?"

"What do you mean, so what? It is not enough. If only I can fake my flight-"

"Date him!" He cut me off.

"Bring him out! Bring him to places he has never been to. He has been stressed from university and his situation all his life." He looked excited. "So why not take the chance and make the most out of that week?" He suggested.

"He'll probably just push me away." I shook my head.

"Yah, Sunghoon. Do you love him?" He asked, almost cutting my words. I was startled but there was no bit of hesitation came to me.

"Yes. More than my life." I said breathlessly. It's my emotions suddenly acting up at the thought of having him to myself again and freely loving him.

"Then do it. Risking won't be too hard, especially if it is for someone you love, right?" He shrugged. "So, make the most out of this week."

Right, of course.

"Don't be too complacent, though. If you don't make a move now, then I won't hesitate to steal him from you." He smirked at me playfully, sending chills down my spine.

I can not read his mind right now, but the thought of him and Sunoo being romantically together hurts my chest.

I may be unsure all my life, but with Sunoo, I am more than sure. I am more than ready to take the risk. I just needed a little push.

With everything that's happening, who knew that a potential threat may also become the key to my own happy ending?

Or, will there be?