Chapter 18

A mysterious betrayal

3rd pov
The other guys were going nowhere with their mission too, but after a few minutes, Tanjiro decided it was time to kill Kyojuro, how you may ask? Simply by making someone else do the job for you. Tanjiro made sure that Nezuko received the signal to play her act and woke up Tanjiro with her blood demon art. With made Tanjiro 'wake up' from slumber. He played his act too and made sure to wake up everyone by cutting their ripes with Nezuko's bda (Blood Demon Art). Zenitsu was... still asleep...? But fought the demon-train to 'protect' Nezuko. Inosuke was basically dumd and obnoxious, while Rengoku thanked Tanjiro and said something.

"I WILL FIGHT THE DEMON AND PROTECT THE CIVILIANS ON THE FIVE LAST WAGONS, YOU AND INOSUKE FIND THE NECK OF THE DEMON AND KILL IT WHILE ZENITSU AND YOUR SISTER PROTECT THE CITIZENS ON THE FRONT ROWS!"

"YESSIR!" They all said in union.

Everyone ran the way they had to and proceeded to do what they were told to do.

"INOSUKE, THE HEAD SHOULD BE WHERE THE CONDUCTOR IS! RIGHT UP AHEAD!"

"I ALREADY KNEW THAT, IDIOT."

Tanjiro was running on the train while Inosuke was in it killing demons. Tanjiro was the first one to find Enmu since he was simply standing on the front of the train.

"Ah, Tanjiro-chan. Been a while since we've last seen each other face-to-face, hasn't it?" Said Enmu extending his hand out. (Ya know the thing he did behind putting Tanjiro to sleep in the anime).

"Yes, it has. So, how about we train together like we used to? But the only difference is that the looser is punished by death, so how about it?" Said Tanjiro confidently.

"No thank you, since if I either win or lose this fight, I'll lose on the long term because master would kill me."

"Well, you certainly are right about that. Then I guess I'll just kill you here and now. Goodbye, you creep." Said the young boy with killing intent on the last part.

Tanjiro rushed towards the demon in front of him and took out his katana out of it's shed. Enmu flinched and tried to run away, but sadly, and combination of the two most powerful breath in existence used by his now enemy finished him. The two techniques used together here were the first form of the moon breath: Dark Moon, Evening Palace, and and Dance from the sun breathing. Both are a single powerful vertical slash, and since he knew that the Enmu in front of him was a fake, he didn't look back and continued to run towards the front of the train.

'What can I possibly do to survive and not harm him?' Thought Enmu wanting to save his ass from a ten years old kid (sorry not sorry).

"How dare you think that you can survive if your superior wants you to die?" Heard Enmu directly in his head.

"Muzan-sama!!" Said a shocked Enmu. "I never intended to do this! Please forgive me!" Thought back Enmu to Muzan.

"I won't punish you..." Enmu sighed before Muzan could continue. "But my son will. Good luck."

The small demon shivered at those words, he was beginning to panic, can a small human child decapitate a demon, a moon at that? Well, the answer is; yes of course!

It took Tanjiro a mere 5 seconds to his the neck of the train, along with Inosuke. Enmu started to mutate the train and made eyes to try and hypnotize the two boys. It didn't work on Inosuke since he was wearing his boar mask, Enmu managed it to work on Tanjiro once, the boy figured out how the dream worked in a second, he had to kill himself. Once Tanjiro woke up, he was even more mad than before, he only used water breathing techniques since Inosuke was there, his favourite one was Fourth form: Striking Tide, Turbulent. It was by far the easiest for the boy.

But the one thing he didn't expect was the driver (or whatever he's called) to stab him in the stomach. Tanjiro was able to predict the direction and change it. It was going for a lung, so a vital point, but now it was going to his side. He was not going to die from the blood loss but if not treated soon an infection could end him. He used his breathing to stop the bleeding and killed for sure Enmu. He was mad, so he used only the sun breathing, this one actually burns the demon. At the last moment, you could hear an ear splitting scream, whether it was from pain or frustration, you couldn't tell. At that exast moment, the train shaked uncontrollably as a last defensive mesure. All passengers were caught up in that and most were expuslted out of the train. Tanjiro didn't care at this point, his mind was occupied about if Rengoku died here, if he didn't... then it would be a problem. It was still dark out, so he could ask Nezuko to summon Akaza or Douma. Maybe Daki would be best since she is the lowest in the uppermoons. He coouldn't move at the moment, so he had to wait for Nezuko to come by herself, which wasn't long since she was really worried about him.

"Oh, hey Nezuko." Said Tanjiro starting his act. "Are the others okay?"

"Hm!" Huffed Nezuko as an answer while nodding furiously.

"I see, that's good." He lied. "Please contact dad for him to bring an uppermoon please." He murmured on the last part.

Nezuko gave a small nod and laid next to Tanjiro in a sleepy but protective manner. A few moments, she was actualy asleep next to the boy, the fight took more energie than expected, and now trying to communicate with Muzan on a long range took everything out of her. The minutes following, Tanjiro could hear footsteps coming towards him, he looked up to see an unharmed Rengoku smiling at him.

"It is good to see that you know how to stop your bleeding by yourself, Tanjiro-kun!" Said Rengoku to the younger boy in front of him.

"Yessir. How are you, Rengoku-san?" Said Tanjiro still acting.

"Very good thank you. No need to worry about me, I wasn't injured in this fight." Said Rengoku, proud of his own prowess.

"Ah... that's good. And the others?"

"All good, the most injured the the yellow kid, but only from when the train fell, while protecting the other passengers." He answered honestly.

The two talked a bit before a huge thump was heard. Tanjiro tried to stand up, but Kyojuro pushed him back down and put himself in a protective position in front of the siblings.

Then a demon jumped in the clearing. He stood there and looked at the humans in front of him before slowly walking to them and said.

"Hey there, how would you like to become a demon?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! How are yall doing? Here's the newest chapter. Can you guess who the demon is? I personally think the line I gave him is pretty self-explanatory on who he is.

Miss 25th Night 1162 words