Chapter Ten~Dementor's Kiss.

-Present day, June 6th, 1994-

"I am deeply sorry about your leg. I was going for the rat." I said to Ron apologetically as we helped him out of the Whomping Willow. As we got outside, I walked away to look at the beautiful Hogwarts castle in the moonlight. Harry soon joined me. "It's beautiful isn't it? I shall never forget the excitement I felt when I walked through those doors. It'd be nice to do it once more as a free man. It was a very noble thing you did, letting him live. He didn't deserve it." I told him. He shrugged his shoulders. "My dad wouldn't have wanted his best friends to be murderers. The truth will die away with him too if you killed him, you deserve to be free." Harry replied kindly. I smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "I suppose you know that I was made your godfather? Perhaps, you'd like to live with me, once everything has died down? I know how harsh it is at your aunts." I suggested. Harry beamed. "I'd love that, for definite." He answered.

"Harry! It's a full moon! Professor Lupin! He hasn't taken his potion!" Hermione suddenly yelled. I ran over to Remus hastily. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart! Here! This flesh is only flesh!" I informed him as Remus slowly started to transform, it was no use. He had already transformed. I ordered Harry and the others to get back. Snape then appeared looking angry, but as he saw Remus, he stretched out his arms to shield Harry, Hermione and Ron. I transformed into my Animagus form and fought with Remus to protect them. Unfortunately as I did this, Peter escaped in his rat form.

My fur got ripped out as Remus' sharp claws tore at my side. Harry screamed for me. I then heard a wolf call, it sounded like it was coming from Hermione. Remus followed the sound. I felt weak and transformed into my human form and stumbled down to the lake. Harry followed. I collapsed next the lake. I felt a sudden icy cold breeze hit my exposed skin, the dementors had arrived, hundreds of them were gliding towards us. I thought of Evie as my soul was slowly and painfully taken away from me. I couldn't fight them, I was too weak, I allowed the kiss to carry on. I felt myself slowly losing memory of her and painful memories started to replace it as everything went black.