Chapter Twenty-Seven~Christmas At The Burrow.

-25th December, 1996-

-Evie's POV-

It was Christmas day. A happy day, and yet I couldn't bring myself to smile. I travelled to The Burrow in the morning. I felt extremely anxious. I had not been in so much company in so long. I knocked on the door. Molly opened it. "Evie, sweetheart, thank you for being so brave and coming today." She told me gratefully. I nodded and followed her in. Everyone had already arrived. In the room were Remus, Tonks, Arthur, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny and Harry. "Harry... I'm so sorry..." I whispered weakly. He ran into my arms. I wept silently. "I've been so selfish. I do care about you." I told him. "I understand. You're going through the same pain as I am. Except you feel more isolated. You're here now. That's all that matters." He admitted. I smiled and sat down with him. I watched everyone exchange presents excitedly. We then sat down at the dining table, ready for dinner. "I'd like to make a toast. To Sirius." Harry said weakly. My heart sank. We all raised our glasses high. "Sirius." We chimed.

After dinner, I decided to catch up with Harry properly. I sat on the sofa beside him with a mince pie. "How's school been? I hear my old potions teacher Horace Slughorn is back." I said. He nodded.

"School is okay. Slughorn loves me. I'm in his Slug Club with Hermione and Ginny.  I've been too focused on Draco Malfoy, he's up to something. No one will believe me that he's a death eater." He informed me. "It's perfectly plausible. How have you come to this conclusion?" I wondered curiously. "We followed him in Diagon Alley. He was in Borkin and Burkes with his parents and Greyback. He was buying something. Mr Weasley said it was a vanishing cabinet from what I described. Malfoy was then bragging about how he's leaving school. I caught him arguing with Snape, who's took the unbreakable vow to protect him. Something is going on Evie, and no one will listen to what I think." He explained. "I believe you. He's definitely up to something. Keep your eye on him Harry. And be careful." I tell him. He nodded. Remus and Tonks then announced that they were leaving so we stood at the door to see them off. That's when she appeared.

"HARRY NO!" Remus shouted as Harry ran through the flames to chase Bellatrix out of anger. Ginny sprinted after him, making Molly scream after her. I helped tackle the flames before running through the field with Remus, Tonks and Arthur. We found them in the middle and protected them by casting spells around us. Two clouds of black smoke rose as Bellatrix and Greyback apparated. Pure shock filled us as The Burrow burst into flames. "Molly." Arthur gasped before we sprinted back. Molly was sobbing at the now destroyed house. Luckily no one was inside, but it was so heartbreaking to witness.