Chapter Twenty-Eight~Returning To 12 Grimmauld Place.

-March, 1997, present day-

-Evie's POV-

Since Christmas day, I had been keeping in touch with Harry regularly. He had told me on the 1st March that he saved Ron's life after he was poisoned by a drink that was intended to be for Dumbledore. He spoke about Quidditch and he thinks he was falling for Ginny. He and Dumbledore had been having private lessons where they've been exploring memories of Voldemort too. I was sitting at home reading the latest Daily Prophet, when Sirius popped into my head again. I grabbed some parchment and ink and wrote to Harry. "Harry, I'm glad to hear you're okay. I wanted to write to you to tell you that today, I'm going to Headquarters. I feel ready to explore the memories I had there. Perhaps it will help heal the pain I feel by being close to where Sirius was. Who knows? Evie x" I gave the letter to my owl, Willow, and watched her fly away before apparating.

Butterflies took flight in my stomach as I arrived at the doorstep of 12 Grimmauld Place. I went inside and memories flooded my mind. There was a lump in my throat as I walked through the hallway, quietly so the portrait of Sirius' mother wouldn't scream. I first walked into the large kitchen and smiled slightly. Sirius enjoyed chatting to Remus in here about school memories. I then went upstairs carefully. I looked for Sirius' room. I brushed the door with my fingers with his name on and I went inside. The bed had always been made neatly. Despite the fact that Sirius had been gone for nine months, I could still smell his aftershave. I stepped over the usual mess of books and such on the floor and gripped his duvet with my hands. I looked at the Gryffindor banner and the pictures he had on the wall and laughed to myself. I opened his draws and touched his clothes, remembering individual memories with each shirt I found.

I then walked to the other side of the bed. The draw in his bedside table had a label reading "Mauraders". I opened it up to see thousands of pictures of him, Remus and James (Peter had obviously been erased). I laughed to myself again at some of the notes they wrote to each other.  My stomach dropped and goosebumps appeared on my skin as I saw the draw below it with my name on. I pulled it open. Hundreds of pictures of us lay inside and old letters that we used to write to each other were folded neatly. A single tear rolled down my cheek. Some of the notes in there were just me asking what time lesson started, or what he planned to eat at the feast that night, and yet he kept them all, that's how special I was to him. My heart stopped when I saw a small red box at the back of the draw. I opened it up to reveal the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.There was a note on top of it. It read "When giving this to Evie, tell her how much you love her and how much she truly means to you. She deserves all the happiness she can get." He was going to propose. Tears were streaming down my face now. I slid down onto his bed and sobbed. He was going to propose. We could've got married. I felt absolutely broken, and angry. If I ever had another encounter with Bellatrix Lestrange again, this time I will kill her, as she took away my future from me.