Chapter Thirty-Five~A Field Of Gold.

-2nd May, 1998, present day-

-Evie's POV-

A blur of light flashed by as I left Harry's side, ready to go to my own party. I opened my eyes to see that I was on a yellow field in front of a large lakes, with woods on small islands around it. It was absolutely beautiful. I sat down on the ground and took off my shoes and dangled my feet in the lake and looked up at the sunshine. I heard a crunch of footsteps behind me. I turned around. In the past few months I had almost cried every night, I had felt so empty and cold. But now, now, it was as if all the warm light and happiness in the world had just been taken and poured over the stars that light the night sky. Except they weren't stars, they were his teeth and they didn't light the night sky, they illuminated my soul. All that light and warmth and happiness had been poured - not onto the stars - but into my heart. It was an honestly genuine smile, full of hopes, dreams and joy, the one that I had fallen in love with. "Hello stranger." He said grinning his head off. I got up and beamed back at him. "Sirius!" I gasped. I ran into his arms. In that moment, our their lips then touched. Even though we had kissed before, it was like a dream. My hands rested on his chest, his were grabbing fistfuls of my hair. He pulled me closer, held me tighter, as if it were the last time. I gladly fought for control with him, our lips moving in perfect sync, butterflies taking flight at the sensation I felt with him. We broke apart and his eyes pierced into mine. "I forgotten how much I adored your kisses." Sirius admitted. I giggled and took his hand as we started to walk.

"So, come on, tell me your death story." Sirius insisted curiously. I laughed. He was going to love this. "I kinda lost my anger with Bellatrix and we both casted the killing curse at the same time. I killed that stupid bitch who took you away from me Sirius. She ruined our lives." I informed him. He chuckled. "I'm proud of you. But hey, we're together again now aren't we?" He smiled. I nodded. "Could I ask you a question?" I wondered as we now sat down again next to the lake and I was resting my head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and breathing. "Anything." He answered. "Can you propose to me? I want to know what you would've said." I questioned. He blushed. "Very well." He said before taking the ring from me and looking me in the eyes. "Evangeline Grace Thompson, you are, quite simply, the love of my life. I know this because I want you to be the one who I wake up to every morning, you are the one who has the smile that immediately calms me if I'm in a stressful situation, you are my rock when things are tough and you keep me strong, you are the one that I would risk my life for, you are the one who I want by my side for the rest of my life and you are the one who makes me feel like the luckiest and happiest man in the world. You are so beautiful, and unique. Each time you laugh, I fall in love with you a little more each time. You complete my soul. Without you, I'm nothing. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but, I'm never going to leave your heart, because you deserve happiness and you're everything to me and more. I love you, please, please, please marry me." He grinned lovingly. I wiped away the tears that were brimming in my eyes. "That was so beautiful. Yes, I will marry you." I answered. We kissed again and he slid the ring on my finger. "Do you want to come and see James and Lily? Remus and Tonks are with them, they died slightly before you Tonks was murdered by Bellatrix, so you avenged him too. Remus was murdered by Dolohov, Flitwick avenged him." Sirius explained. I nodded excitedly. "Take my arm, fiancee." He winked. I blushed and obeyed. It was pretty cool that we could apparate in heaven.

We arrived at a very snowy version of Hogsmeade, Sirius' party. "Guess why mine is like this?" He requested. I smiled at the memory. "Our first kiss." I told him. He nodded and kissed my cheek. I followed him into The Three Broomsticks. There they were, James, Lily, Remus and Tonks sat at the table by the fire with pints of Butterbeer. "No way! Evie? It's you! It's really you!!!" Lily squealed out of excitement. She got up and hugged me tightly. "I've missed you so much Lily!" I exclaimed. Two pints of Butterbeer appeared out of nowhere, along with two extra chairs. We took our seats. "Thank you for watching over Harry, Evie. You were the perfect godmother. You gave him hope." James complimented me. "I loved him with all my heart. I had to protect him, for your sake." I confessed. "He loved you too." Lily offered. I smiled. We started to chat about old memories from the school days when James noticed the ring on my finger. "You two engaged? Remus could marry you, anything is possible here." He informed us. Remus nodded. Sirius and I exchanged excited glances. We got married almost straight away with straightforward vows. It was still so romantic. Despite the fact that I had lost my life today, it was a brilliant day. I was reunited with my true love, and got engaged and married to him, I was reunited with my best friend and I now got to wake up to a husband every morning in a cottage that appeared when we apparated back to my heaven. I was eternally happy in a field of gold.