Chapter Twenty Three~The Deranged Cousin Has Escaped.

-January, 1996, present day-

I threw the Daily Prophet down with disgust. She had escaped, my horrid cousin Bellatrix was now on the move. Voldemort was certainly at large once more. The other escapees were Antonin Dolohov, Bellatrix's husband Rodolphus and his brother Rabastan, Mulciber, Tracers, Augustus Rookwood and three others. The world was in danger now, especially muggles and muggle-borns and blood-traitors. Harry was especially in danger. Neville Longbottom would especially feel angered after what Bellatrix and her husband did to them. Harry and his friends were now more prepared for the potential fight after he and his friends set up Dumbledore's Army secretly where Harry was teaching them dark arts and defensive spells as the ministry were taking over the school and refused to let them use magic. They set it up last year. I was proud of Harry. I know that he was planning to teach them how to perform patronuses soon. I still remembered James and I teaching Evie and Lily how to do it.

-May, 1978, 16 years ago-

We were sat in the shrieking shack, even though Remus wasn't changing tonight. Peter and Remus were both in class, which left me, James, Evie and Lily. "Have you heard about those dementors terrorising everywhere?" Lily questioned curiously while leaning into James' chest as his arm was wrapped around her. "Yeah. It frightens me so much. I wouldn't even know how to perform a spell to fight them off, so I'd lose my soul there and then." Evie said worryingly as she played around with my fingers as they were interlocked with her own. "Nor do I." Lily sighed. Me and James shared looks and nodded. James coughed and went first. "Expecto Patronum!" He stated before a blue and glowing stag erupted from the end of his wand. I copied but instead of a stag, mine was a ragged dog, both of ours were our Animagus forms. "Wow!! That fights off dementors? But why? It's so beautiful! Please teach us!" Lily exclaimed. "Basically, to cast a Patronus charm, you need to think of a very happy memory, it needs to be strong and to fill your soul. It's difficult to produce an animal which acts as an guardian, which you never truly know what it will be until you cast it, but it's slightly easier just to perform a small smoke like shield." I explained. They nodded.

James taught Lily first. "Right, think of something that makes you extremely happy and when you feel it's strong enough, cast Expecto Patronum okay?" He spoke gently to her. She nodded and breathed in and smiled. "Expecto Patronum!" She casted. A elegant silvery doe pranced out of her wand. She jumped up with happiness. "My memory was of us planning our wedding that one evening and you telling me how much you love me." Lily admitted. James went a bright shade of pink but he had a loving smile on his face. "Are you ready Evie?" I inquired. She nodded and I kissed her cheek and she pointed her wand out before saying clearly "Expecto Patronum!" A beautiful dolphin shot out of her wand. It squeaked slightly and Evie was grinning widely at it. I'm guessing hers was a dolphin because of our trip to the beach about a year ago where we just played around laughing and a dolphin was swimming in the distance, at the exact time, I kissed her happily. "I thought of our first kiss." She confessed smiling. I kissed her forehead. She was so beautiful and I was so lucky.

I'm still so lucky to have her.