chapter twenty-eight

* this is an explicit chapter so you have been warned ;)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

" WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG? "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      ROSIE HUFFS as Clint finished re-bandaging her wound that the new girl disturbed. Her eyes wondered to the suffering boy a few beds across from her. She could hear his groans and irritations.

       "We're trying, but we don't know how to help him." Clint spoke noticing she was looking at a distressed Alby. "He's been like that since they brought him back. The wound is spreading more."

       "I was against it." Rosie spoke her thoughts, "I didn't want him or Minho to go in. I wanted for us to wait for this to die down. But I didn't say anything."

        Clint handed her a cup of water, "it's not your fault if that's what you're thinking."

       Rosie took a sip of the water as she shook her head, "I'm not trying to blame myself. It just feels like everything that goes wrong ends up being my fault. I could've prevented it. I could've spoken up but I didn't."

        "Don't stress yourself over it." He replied sitting down next to her. "But you should also be a little nicer to the new girl."

Rosie glanced over to the boy raising her eyebrow, "she stabbed me, slinthead."

"I know—"

"You'd forgive someone who stabbed you that easily?" Rosie asked taking another sip of the water she was given.

The boy huffed shaking his head, "well, no—"

"Exactly."

Newt entered the Medhut stopping their conversation they were having. "How's my favorite girl doing, Clint?" The boy asked reaching to Rosie as he placed his hands on the sides of her legs.

Rosie used her hands to reach Newt's face planting a soft kiss on the boy's cheek. "I did my best to clean out the wound and stitch her up again. The one thing I couldn't fix was your girl's stubbornness."

"Hey!" Rosie spoke throwing a rag at the medjack who had dodged the hit.

A laugh left Newt's lips as his arms wrapped around her waist, "that's alright, mate, I'll work on that myself."

The girl wrapped her arms around his neck lifting herself up muttering quietly, "shut up."

Rosie reached the floor still clinging onto Newt as he spoke to Clint. "Don't forget to tell the slicers to get checked after they're done."