15

Slight movements from the wisteria drew me out of my peaceful slumber. Slightly disoriented from my blissful sleep and blearily, I was met with a dark shadow over me. As my brain began to fully wake up, my eyes met with golden eyes with red pupils directly over me. Moving my eyes the slightest, I was able to see streaked yellow hair falls in front of my face. My eyes focused back in front of me to see the same pair of flamed colored eyes staring down at me.

"Are you Uzui, Y/N?" He asked from above me with a bright smile of his probably strong enough to crucify a demon alone. His eyes sparkled showing how filled with excitement and hubris he had. His presence was very warm in contrast to this cold region, "I finally know your name! Are you by chance related to Uzui, Tengen?"

I sighed as I rose from my spot to a sitting position on the engawa and looked around. The dark sky is littered with stars around this part of town.

The sound of the doors gliding along the track took my mind off the sky and towards the person who opened the door to see it was one of the workers of the wisteria mansion with a faint blush littered across his face.

"A-A Y/n I b-bought you this meal...I h-hope you like it," the man said as he bowed while pushing the food forward towards me. Though he intended for me to take the first it was always Kori who made the first move.

Slowly pacing towards the bento box. He growled at the boy who was sporting a look of pure terror on his face, clearly not expecting a wolf to be growling at him for doing this deed. The fear only increased in him. Not only were Kori's eyes filled with pure hate, but they also seemed to glow in the light of the room with a predatorial glint. The boy was frozen in terror at the intimidating visage of my companion.

"He wants you to give him a piece of every entree in the box," I mentioned trying to bring some ease to the boy.

The boy nodded and reached for each item of food with the chopsticks provided and placed it on the floor. It was clear as day that he was scared of Kori as his hands shivered with each motion.

Once Kori consumed the food, he turn and nodded as he went back to his spot and rested. That wolf over the years had become overprotective of me.

I slowly walked towards the bento box and grabbed it while looking at the now blush red boy and smiled towards him.

"Thank you, Daisuke," I said as I winked causing the boy to gasp. The color disappeared from his face from my words and instantly he fainted, a common thing that happened whenever he brought my food. I slowly closed the door and walked back to my spot to consume my box.

Fried Hijiki Rice with sweet potato and radish that were cooked in a Kombu broth along with carrots and A-Ge (fried soy curd). The food they had here was delicious.

"You have a loyal companion."

My eyes widen as my eye moved to him with the chopsticks in my mouth. Considering his fiery appearance, I had completely forgotten he was here let alone sitting right beside me on the edge of the engawa. I only looked at him with a face devoid of emotion and yet that smile he held was as exuberant as ever but his eyes seemed to be burning with fire and determination. This guy was so peculiar.

"I will meet you at the front in 20 minutes," I said as rose from my spot and walked back into my room closing the other shoji away from the shared space. Just him being so close sent a chill running down my spine. It was almost as if he was Tengen incarnated...which reminds me...how did he know about my elder cousin?