68

As I slowly open my eyes, I am greeted by the soft rays of the afternoon sun filtering through shoji paper sliding doors, casting a warm, golden glow into the room. The room is serene, with minimalistic decor and a serene ambiance that exudes a sense of calmness.

As I stretch out on the traditional futon bed, I feel the softness of the tatami mat underneath, adding a subtle natural texture to the room. The futon is firm yet comfortable, covered with a soft, crisp white duvet and a plump, silk-filled pillow. The bedding is simple, yet elegant, in line with the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi - finding beauty in imperfection.

I sit up slowly, feeling the gentle warmth of the tatami against the soles of my feet. The natural scent of the tatami, reminiscent of fresh grass and hay, envelops me, creating a soothing sensory experience. The room is well-ventilated, allowing a gentle breeze to flow through the open shoji doors, bringing in the scent of blooming wisteria blossoms from outside.

As I gaze around the room, I notice the delicate art pieces adorning the walls - a traditional calligraphy scroll and a simple Ikebana flower arrangement, carefully chosen to reflect the changing season. The play of light and shadow creates a serene and tranquil atmosphere, inviting me to fully immerse myself in the moment.

The moment couldn't get better as I looked down at the man beside me with his arms secured around my waist.

I watch Rengoku asleep beside me as the light cast a warm glow on his face, highlighting his sharp features and the gentle curve of his lips, even in slumber. His wild crimson/ blond hair is tamed, spread across the pillow like a fiery halo, contrasting with the softness of the bedding.

His chest rises and falls rhythmically with each breath, revealing the calmness of his dreams. His strong arms, usually adorned with scars from battles fought, now lay relaxed, cradling his beloved. His fingers, usually calloused from wielding his sword, are now gentle and relaxed as they gently curl around my form.

He is no longer the fierce warrior, but a man at peace, his heart open and vulnerable with the one he loves. It is a sight that fills my heart with warmth and admiration, and I am humbled by the depth of our connection-bringing be back down in the bed to watch him.

Five minutes of watching him and slowly rising once more. I can feel the rise and fall of his chest against mine, and his arm draped protectively over my waist. His eyes flutter open, revealing those mesmerizing, golden irises that always seem to light up the room.

A gentle smile graces his lips as he looks at me, and I can see the love and affection reflected in his eyes. His touch is tender as he brushes a strand of hair from my face, and I can't help but lean into his caress, feeling a rush of warmth and comfort wash over me.

He leans in, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead, and I feel a surge of affection for him. His lips are warm against my skin, and I revel in the intimacy of the moment.

"That was the best sleep in 10 months..." he mumbled.

He leans in, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead, and I feel a surge of affection for him. His lips are warm against my skin, and I revel in the intimacy of the moment. His deep voice, tinged with a hint of huskiness from sleep, sends shivers down my spine as he whispers good morning, his breath tickling my skin.

Rengoku stretches his tall frame, his muscles rippling beneath his skin as he arches his back, reaching his arms high above his head. A satisfied groan escapes his lips as he feels the satisfying pull and release of his muscles, a symphony of relief after a night of rest. His fiery red hair tousles in the process, adding to his already striking appearance.

He yawns, his mouth opening wide in a soundless roar, revealing a row of sharp teeth that only add to his primal charm. His jaw cracks softly as he stretches it wide, his throat muscles flexing as he lets out a satisfied exhale.