30

My eyes were half-startled when they finally opened. My brain replays the last few scenes before I fell to the ebbs of consciousness.

The first thing I took in was the familiar gravel that pressed against my hand. Slowly blinking to get the blur away from my eyes, my vision was more fixed, and noticed something...blinding?

There was sheer fabric in a shade of white, like a skirt, wrapped around my hips which barely masked my plump upper thighs. A small, slender cloth beneath covered my nether region between my exotic legs. A simple top matching the color of the fabric-covered my bosoms-not showing them particularly but not leaving the size of them to the viewer's imagination.

My teeth were gritted almost painfully, making my jaw lock ever so slightly. To say that I was mad, would be an understatement. No, I was completely livid. Why the hell would Uzui force his wives to put me in this scandalous outfit.

I sighed through my nose.

I slowly picked myself up and glanced down to see my blade beside me.

I slowly walked around the house to see the rest of the Hashira kneeling towards the master as he recap the situation of the demons around Japan. It would be embarrassing to even walk out there like this. I probably would go to hell for this, but I was a bit relieved that for this one time...master was blind to not see the work of Uzui.

"Oi, don't just stand there," Uzui taunted causing me to stiffen..."Come on, Y/N."

Oh, he was having fun with this.

I slowly walked out. The sun hit the bare parts of my skin as I walked on the gravel with some shoes I had never seen before...where did he even get these!

"W-What the hell?!"

I kept my head down as my nails were digging deep into the palms of my hands. It didn't take a genius for me to know that Mitsuri holds her hands to her mouth, Shinobu muttered an "oh my"...hysterical coughs of Obanai. The smirk Uzui flashes were enough to make me want to cut his head off like the demon he was acting like...but I had to compose myself.

My eyes didn't even dart Rengoku's way...besides what did it matter if he has seen me in this anyway.

If there was one Hashira I was content being around at this moment, it would be Giyuu given how cool and collected he was. Though at this moment, he turned his head away from me with a blush on his cheek. Not him too!!!!

"What seems to have everyone's attention?" Oyakata-sama questioned.

"Oh no..."

"Y/N seems to have worn some questionable clothes to the meeting," Amane relayed to her husband.

It was faint but it was there...that slight hue of pink on master's cheek as his wife described my outfit to him...great now he would envision me to be something I'm not. Oh, how I just wanted to skin Uzui right now for this!

"What seems to be your reason for this,Y/N?"

"What seems to be my reason for this, Tengen-sama?"I questioned sweetly, completely deviating from my normal attitude. He wanted me to play the part of his wife in this region, he was going to get what he asked for.

I shifted my gaze to Uzui to see him look at me with eyes widened and stunned at my tone.

"W-why are you making me wear this outfit, goushinjin-sama?" I asked in an attempt to embarrass Uzui more and it was working.

"Eh! goushinjin-sama!" Mitsuri gasped as she held her hand to her mouth in shock. All attention was now on Uzui as he was blushing crimson red.

"I-I need Y/N to act as my wife for the mission assigned to me Oyakata-sama," Uzui said seriously while blushing from the embarrassment of my tone. "The intel I have gathered told me that the demon in the area targets married women he deems beautiful so I asked my wives to put Y/N in this outfit due to an occasion happening tonight that I know the demon will be present at."

"I see," Oyakata confirmed.

"But don't you have three wives, shouldn't you have asked one of them especially since they are skilled kunoichis?" Kyojuro exclaimed with an upbeat and chipper tone.

Though as my eyes fell on him I see he was simply looking at Oyakata-sama no blushing...no reaction similar to the other hashiras, minus Muichiro (bless that kids soul for being oblivious to this and focusing on the ☁️ ), he was simply looking forward with a huge smile on his face.

There goes that familiar sting that I have now come to hate.

"Y/N is both a kunoichi and a Hashira," Uzui mentioned as his wine-colored eyes narrowed at his neighbor, "she is perfect for assisting me in my mission, besides she is the reason why people in this region publicly believe her to be my wife due to her "stark appearance to the Beauty of the north" without actually knowing she is the Kuraokami."

That caused Rengoku to turn his attention towards Uzui, "Really! How interesting! Considering how close you guys are!" Rengoku says raising his tone louder than when he asked the initial question. Now that seemed a bit off from him.

"Well when you are from a flamboyant clan and have flamboyant features you are bound to get into a mess with not just demons but humans as well, right wife"

"O-ooo...ummmm...I don't know..."I replied in a shy and innocent tone.

"Wow, she is a good actress..." Shinobu praised as she clapped.

It was Rengoku's reaction that caught my eye as his attention snapped back quickly and he focused his gaze towards Oyakata-sama.

"U-umm anooo....we shouldn't waste any time and should be moving, Tengen-sama...hmmm," I said before fully bowing to Oyakata-sama and apologizing feverishly, "my apologizes Oyakata sama but lives are at stake if we do it get there on time during the festival."

"Understood, I will discuss what was happening today with you two when you return."

I simply walked over to Uzui and yanked his ponytail causing him to scream in pain.

"Oi! Ow! y/n! Oiiii!" He yelled as his hands attempted to pry my fingers from his precious locks but anger was fueling my strength! He was going to get dragged there for all I care! And that is exactly how he left headquarters-dragged out!