22

"Everything in life is a decision. Whether it's small and inconsequential or life-altering, it is still a decision. You are the sole person responsible for your life. Your life is defined by the thoughts, decisions, and actions you take every single day, week, month, and year.

A decision is powerful because with them comes the aftermath. An impact, if you will – sometimes subtle, and other times more frightening and profound. Making a decision can alter the course of your life, so it's naturally understandable that you'd want to get it right by making the best decision for your life."

Making the decision I made was for the best...

"So Y/N, would you reconsider and become a Hashira?" the master asked.

"I will become a Hashira, if and only if, I am the Hashira that looks over the Northern Regions of Japan and I only receive my missions through my Kasugai Crow." I stated sternly.

One rule I knew about the Hashiras was that they are assigned a specific region that they are required to patrol, usually to gather information about the inhabiting the said area and to improve their swordsmanship. So what would be better than to become the Hashira of the Northern Region?

The master smiled.

"My children please welcome the 10th Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, The Snow Hashira,"

The Snow Hashira...another name to add to the list and to make the demons even more skeptical of me. It will probably reach Kokushibo and Muzan soon...making our meeting more common than it was before. But this was a small sacrifice as it would mean that the Northern Regions of Japan will finally get slayers to attend to the petty demons and protect those who were less fortunate.

My eyes trailed up to the sky. The first few stars of the night had started to appear now that their bright competition had removed itself from this small section of the earth until tomorrow. It was going to be a dark night, I thought as I looked at the waning sliver of moon that was just a few shades from being non-existent.

"Y/N!"

I turned to see those honey tuff hair with the red tips heading my way beaming the most radiant smile I had ever seen.

"We should train together!"

Soon my eyes shifted towards the moon now obscured by the clouds in the sky. It was crazy how in this city...the people were the fireworks in this velvet dark, the blaze that dares to light up the night.

"Y/N!" 

His unwaveringly loud disposition was as loud as ever. He was determined to get me to train with him. It was clearly thought those eyes of his that blocked my path. Those eyes that shone brighter than any stars this night...

I was trying to not let my nerves get the best of me as my amber-colored eyes pierced through him but it was becoming a bit challenging as the seconds passed.

"If you believe I would agree because you vouched for me to become a Hashira, then you are mistaken," I said dismissively while walking around him, not sparing him a second glance. 

I could feel those eyes of his on me as I walked away as they had been when we were on a mission together or when we parted away after the mission. I could feel them burning away at me.

"You know Kyojuro, if I didn't know any better I would assume that you were trying to court my little cousin?" I head Tengen tease.

I turn around to see Uzui there encircling his arm around Rengoku's shoulder and pulling him in with a smirk, trying to get the tea on the relationship between Kyojuro and I. Those mischievous eyes were up to no good.

Rengoku only shifted his gaze down why rubbing the back of his head and giving a bit of a nervous laugh.

"What do you mean?" Rengoku said with soft determination yet there was shakiness in his voice as he spoke, "I was only trying to act on my promise with her a year ago."

"Your promise...hm?" Tengen further teased, "I think you and I are due for drinks."

"I honestly thought I was the only one who recollected on a year ago," I thought as I watched them walk away with many thoughts swirling throughout my head more of them plagued with the thoughts of Rengoku Kyojuro.

I turn back around as I noticed them turning away, heading in the opposite direction from where I was heading. Low grunts pulled me out of my thoughts to see Kori glancing up at me along with my Kasugai Crow, moving from Kori's head to my shoulder. The bird brushed his head against my neck letting out soft purrs like a cat and wagging his tail as if he was like Kori when he gets his favorite fruit. 

"You will no longer be neglected...you will no longer need to feel depressed or anxious about those crows, now you are the official Kasugai crow of the Snow Hashira."

"Hubbababa GwaaaaHhh~," my crow said as he shook his tail out of excitement causing me to smile at his happiness.

I guess one year of being with me and he could mimic sounds, tones and understand simple commands better than most Kasugai crows in this area. 

Kori brushed his head against my hand that was by my side as I scratched the top of his head out of comfort. 

"We should find the wisteria mansion of this area considering we will have to travel to and from here and the village."

Cited: Thought Catalog, 2015.