Chapter 1

Ethan flicked one small, pointed ear on the side of his head in his peaceful slumber. He was wearing a thin tank top and some over sized shorts belonging to his mate, who was spooning the blonde from behind. Karl's face was tucked into the crook of Ethan's neck, scenting him in their sleep as they warmly embraced each other.

The younger man's inhumanly bright, blue eyes slowly fluttering open and he had to blink many times before his softly blurred vision focused in once again. The first thing he saw was the large window on the wall, the blinds closed and the curtains pulled so even though the sun was rising brightly outside, the room was only dimly lit in the golden light.

Karl always had the windows covered like this for Ethan, which the blonde appreciated greatly. The younger man slowly sat up in the huge, king sized bed, even with Karl's hairy, tanned arms wrapped around his slim waist. Ethan swung his legs over the large bed and let them dangle for a bit before he climbed down. He walked towards the door leading to the en suite and placed his pale hand on the handle to open the door and leave, but his thoughts were disturbed by a low rumbling from the bed.

He turned around to face the origin of noise, only to a see lump under the covers facing the foot of the bed, where Ethan was. Two glowing golden eyes were peaking from beneath the thick covers, the low rumbling making the covers move and vibrate slightly. Ethan just huffed through his nose softly instead of laughing as he walked towards the bed, crouching down to the door of the furniture before lifting the covers up only slightly.

Karl's face was scrunched slightly with his ears back, his fur standing a bit on end like it did every morning that Ethan got up from the bed without him. The blonde rolled his eyes playfully and leaned forward, pressing a light kiss to the Metal Lord's nose as the rumbling growl quietened down ever so slowly. "I'm only going to the bathroom, geez." The younger man rolled his eyes and walked into said bathroom.

Karl was quick to follow, grabbing at the blonde's hips and pulling him back to an embrace from behind. Ethan could still faintly hear and feel the rumbling still present in the Metal Lord's chest and he sighed in annoyance, his small ears flopping over to one side as he tilted his neck to the left, baring his mark to his protective mate. He could feel the Metal Lord's lips coil upwards into a smile before his spine shuddered up and down with the prickly feeling of a stubble covered jaw scratching at his sensitive mating mark.

"Alright, you can go now." Karl allowed with a cheeky snack of the ass to the ruffled blonde who growled lowly behind gritted canines, only be returned with a flashy smile of pearly whites and an usher towards the sink and mirror. Ethan huffed sharply before he washed his face and brushed his teeth, standing on his tippy toes slightly to see the mirror. He scratched at his jaw and blushed once he felt the slightest rough feeling of stubble beginning.

"Ugh, not now." He muttered and rummaged around in the medicine cabinet, he couldn't find his razor anywhere. When Karl walked in and stopped beside his omega, he abruptly grabbed Ethan's jaw and forced the younger man to look up at him. The younger man swallowed audibly, his Adam's apple sliding up and down as molten, golden eyes pierced through his soul. The hard stare off of the Metal Lord was making goosebumps appear and his fur stand on end, which the Alpha of Lycans enjoyed witnessing.

"Trying to imitate me, little omega?" He smirked devilishly as he used the pad of his thumb to rub the surprisingly soft stubble along the younger man's jawline. Ethan's ears shifted down shyly as he blushed a light pink, "I-I was just looking for the razor..." he mumbled while his eyes seemed to take great interest in his feet upon the cold tiles. "I don't use them." The Metal Lord replied simply as he instead reached above both of their heads, moving a loose piece of the ceiling and he pulled a dusty, brown bag from its hiding place.