Chapter 8

"Just the two of us now, hmm?" Karl smirked as he and Ethan walked away from Donna's huge manor. The blonde rolled his eyes and fidgeted with the black gloves over his shaking hands, "Since we've had the boys, we haven't had any alone time together." The elder man continued to remind the omega who didn't seem as interested. "I-I know..." he replied as more colour crept up to his ears when the engineer hugged him tightly from behind with a smile. "When was the last time I brought you out, hmm? I've been thinking," he spoke against Ethan's neck which made him shudder. "Why don't we ask Donna to babysit tonight? We could have a date together at home." He smiled slyly, "What d'ya say, pumpkin pie?" He mused, teasing his husband. "Y-Yeah, I'd like that..." he blushed before his ears shot back up. "O-Only if Donna doesn't mind...!" Karl only laughed.

When the two made it to the market, Ethan let go of Karl's hand in order to hold the basket and his wallet. The blonde was looking at some toys a group of carpenters made and was running his fingers over the pretty sculptures. "Hmm..." he breathed out in concentration, he did woodwork in College, he could try it again. He used to be quite good, and at least he'd have a hobby to do other than reading. He instead walked over to a blacksmith and purchased an axe, he could get to work soon after. He looked over his shoulder when he was at a stand for books, noticing that his husband was no longer with him but over at a medicinal stand, with women all around him. They were asking him questions, touching his arms and showing off their legs in a flirtatious manner.

Karl just continued shopping, ignoring them as Ethan felt panic surge in his chest once more. "S-Shit..." he wasn't good at confrontation, he instead just nervously walked away and hid behind a tree, trying to calm him breathing. "Okay, Ethan, what helps you relax? Other than strange punk music-" he asked himself. He sunk down to a crouching position and thought of him holding their sons, they were warm and their skin was against his. Ethan was always a sucker for skin-to-skin contact with his children. "M-Maybe Karl won't mind if we cancel our date..." he thought to himself, wishing he was with the twins right now. He stood back up and looked at the medicine stall, finding that Karl had left already. Judging by the trail of metal scraps he left behind, he was heading back to the factory. He didn't wait for Ethan?

The blonde grabbed his basket and walked out of the market, gasping once he heard a low gruff coming from a Lycan perched on a gutter above him. "Oh, I guess he kinda did..." Ethan commented as the large Lycan climbed down from the roof and let Ethan climb aboard. The blond held onto the furry scruff of the Lycan's neck as he was given a ride home. The omega frowned and lay down once he got a glimpse of Donna's manor, missing his babies already. He hugged the huge wolf man's grey back and huffed tiredly. When they got to the gate or the front door, Ethan didn't dismount, he hung on tight for touch and contact, feeling his gloved fingers through the coarse, dirty fur. As the Lycan escorted the blond back to his and Karl's quarters, they passed Karl's workshop. "Can we stop here?" The blonde whispered and the wolf man sat on his haunches while the omega dismantled, petting his head before giving him a meaty treat.

He slowly opened the workshop door, sighing quietly once he saw Karl was already buried deep into a project, his hat tilted slightly to the side as he scribbled blue prints down quickly. "Hey, hon." Ethan announced his presence which only grabbed half of the Metal Lord's attention. "Hey, sweet face. I'm so sorry, I just need to concentrate a little bit right now, excuse me." He said as he got out a bigger magnifying glass, even though his previous one was the size of a dinner plate. Ethan nodded awkwardly and shooed the wolf man away before he closed the door and sat down on a small stool in the corner of the room. He fidgeted with his prosthetic fingers before he looked up when his husband called him. Karl pulled his reading glasses down slightly to look at Ethan. "You wouldn't bring me a cup of coffee with two shots of vodka, would you, love?" He asked with a sickeningly sweet smile.