La Fugitiva

(Sofia's POV)

Running. That's what life is all about to me. I am La Fugitiva but my real name is Sofia Gonzalez. I am called La Fugitiva for a reason. See, I live in Encanto, a place that is ruled by the Madrigals, a family who has these weird random powers. But, they're not the only people who have powers in this village. I also have a power, a gift they call it. My gift is fire. Uncontrollable, just like me. It has no master that it obeys, unless you are strong enough to handle it. I don't have anymore parents, because when I had my fire powers, I killed them. I'm a murderer. La Fugitiva is one too. She is what makes me, me today. Whenever I'm La Fugitiva I wear a black ruana cape with a hood to cover my face, even though everyone knows I'm a girl. I also wear a golden masquerade mask that covers half my face. I sometimes like to change it up from gold to silver. But as of right now it's gold. 

"HEY LA FUGITIVA STOLE MY BREAD!" Sr. Martinez yelled. All the other Madrigal kids hate me. The one that I could barely slip away from was Camilo, the shapeshifter. He could shapeshift into anyone and I thought I would be safe. 

I was running away as I stole bread. Food is a necessity in life. So are a lot of other things, but bread is all I ate. Every. Single. Fuckin. Day. Of My life. And surprisingly it never gets boring. 

I could see Dolores standing on a watch tower that was built near the Madrigal's casita. She pointed towards me and yelled something I couldn't hear because I was too far away. I had mastered a lot of things. I could swim, even though my power is fire. Fire can be anything. I have used it for almost everything. Luckily no one in the Madrigal family has water powers, or else I would be in deep shit. 

I heard footsteps as I neared towards the water. The Madrigals are apparently scared of the river because it reminded them of when Alma's husband Pedro died. From behind the trees, Camilo and Maribel came out. I turned around towards them and made a fire wall between us. Camilo stepped back, obviously scared, while Maribel was more braver. She stepped towards the fire wall and it looked like she was concentrating. All the water from the lake was now above her.

"Oh shit." I said, as all the water went down on my fire wall.

I was drenched head to toe. I dried myself off with my fire and I used escape plan B. Make them shocked. Because I was a girl it was easy to manipulate people. I kissed Camilo quickly on the lips and they were both in shock. I ran off and jumped up to the trees and made my escape. Time to go home.

(Camilo's POV)

Me and Maribel walked to the lake where La Fugitiva ran off. At least, that's what Dolores told us. Abuela Alma is all about "keeping the village safe" and whatnot. La Fugitiva turned around and raised her arms to make a fire wall between us and her. I backed away knowing that it would burn me, while Mirabel decided to be brave and all. It's not like she had any powers, the last Gift ceremony, which was Mirabel's didn't end so well. I don't know what she was doing, but she is officially loco . Turns out she isn't and Mirabel raised her arms as well. The water from the lake turned into dry ground and all that water was lifted above Mirabel's head and as if she lost her strength in holding the water, it all collapsed on the fire wall. La Fugitiva was drenched head to toe, but she quickly dried herself off using her fire powers. She ran to us and kissed me on the lips. Damn, her lips were soft, and she uses some sort of vanilla chap stick. She shocked both me and Maribel and ran off into the trees.

"Do you know here?" Mirabel asked.

"No, she just ran up to me and kissed me?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

"How did you get water powers?" I asked.

Mirabel shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno, I just felt a tug at my stomach and I raised my arms and boom! There was water above me. I'm glad that I'm not the only Madrigal without powers now. Abuela will be so pleased!" she said.

We walked back to the village where we met back at Casita. 

"REPORT!" Abuela said, in a stern-like voice.

"I saw Camilo and Maribel run after La Fugitiva." Dolores said, as everyone turned towards us.

"It's true, we ran after La Fugitiva and when she created a fire wall but then Mirabel waved the water over the fire wall. Maribel is a water user!" I said.

Everyone gasped and Abuela said, "Then we must get you a room, come Mirabel, come." 

Mirabel walked over and Abuela got the Gift as Mirabel walked over to the glowing form of a door. Mirabel touched the door knob and the door opened to reveal Mirabel's room. It was very beachy and it had a lot of water to it. There was a huge swimming pool, and Mirabel's bed was a water bed. Makes sense, because she's a water user now. 

"Congratulations Mirabel! You finally got your Gift! Abuela is so PROUD of you. We can finally catch La Fugitiva once and for all." Abuela said.

We all went downstairs as Casita prepared hot tamales for all of us to eat. When it was finished we all sat at the table and Abuela gave her long, boring speech. Ugh. Sure it's fine, one or two times, but when she repeats the same damned speech EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

"Congrats Mirabel! I'm so glad you finally got your Gift prima" I said.

"Thanks primo, now we can catch this maldita perra once and for all." Mirabel said.

And we all fell asleep.