𝒙. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 !

十

十. celebrity surprises & sunday evening meals
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"WARM COFFEE OR ICED? Those are the only two we have available past ten in the morning." The intern asked Sariah as she was about to pass the table of multiple delicious foods on display. She stopped in her tracks and smiled at the young worker.

"Um, no. I think I can manage a few more hours without."

"You're here for a meeting with Miss Grove, correct?" Sariah nodded at her question. "Oh yeah, you're gonna need a cup of coffee—or two."

Sariah didn't know whether to be scared or curious. Instead, she let out a forceful chuckle. "Okay then, um, iced."

The intern poured her a cup of iced coffee before covering the lid and handing it to her. "I like your outfit." She complimented.

Since it was a business meeting but also a way for her to show off her fashion skills, Sariah was cladded in a Mylah beige knit crop top and pants set underneath a cream white jacket with white, square heels on her feet and a cream JW Pie clutched in her manicured hands. Her makeup was done flawlessly, her lace wig moving smoothly down her back as her jewelry glistened under the natural sunlight.

"Thank you...Marissa." Sariah wore a kind smile as did the intern after realizing she knew her name from the name tag clipped unto her white dress shirt. "I'm Sariah."

"Good luck today, Sariah. I hope to see you around sometime."

After one last 'thank you' to Mariss for the coffee, Sariah strolled down the hallway and into the elevator, pressing the tenth button to arrive at the floor that the lady at the front desk had told her Melinda's main office was located. When she did so, she stepped onto the floor, noting how calm and organized that floor was compared to the others she'd passed on the way up.

Vibrant colors popped in the office, abstract paintings hung up on the walls with an outstanding overview of the city below. Melinda Grove sat at the curved glass and metal desk, square glasses framing her heart-shaped face as her eyes scanned over something on the IPad clutched in her hand.

"Ahem." Sariah cleared her throat to gain the woman's attention, successfully doing so.

Realization covered Melinda's features and she stood to her feet to greet the young lady by the closed elevator doors. "You must be Sariah!"

The two were scheduled to meet the previous day when Sariah landed, but since she was busy with work, Melinda left all the work to her assistant, Vera, who was sweet and helpful to Sariah. She showed her to the nice condo in California, helped her settle in, and even ordered takeout for her to eat before heading to bed.