Asking for Advice (KohaHisa)

(Published January 4, 2022)

No One's POV

It's been a few months since they started dating. Since they are now together, this event is all the more important and a source of pressure for the one giving.

She flops her head down onto the table with her ears going down along with her tail. Her dog companion, sitting across her, only laughs at her dilemma. But the dog knows full well about her worries.

"Suzu. Are you taking me for a fool?" The fox raises her head and puts her chin on top of the table.

"Yes, Koharu. A fool might just be the perfect word for you this time." The dog rests her chin on her palm with her elbow on the table.

"Then, you are dumb Suzu. Since dumb goes below a fool." Koharu retorts, not taking the toothy grin the dog is showing.

"I admit, I am a bit dumb. But I am only dumb for Mahiru like how you are a fool for Hisame." Koharu drops her head onto the table once more at the truth of Suzu's words.

"Okay, fine. What should I get for her?" Resigning in her defeat, she looks up at the proud look of Suzu.

"What do you two do in your dates?" Suzu suddenly asks, making Koharu flare up red and looks away.

"Normal. Just normal." Koharu says in a low voice, still embarrassed at why Suzu is asking an obvious question. The blush on her cheeks toning down on their intensity.

"Hmmm. Then have you noticed her lingering on something a little longer than the others?" Suzu tries to veer the conversation on the right track or simply just want to know if Koharu is really an observant fox like one other fox.

"Let me remember..." Koharu retraces her memories of their last date. Then it clicks for her, her ears twitching being the major hint for Suzu as she smiles.

"It seems like you got an answer." Suzu stretches as she stands up, her tail wagging at a job well done. "You get that."

"How do you know this?" Koharu keeps her ears open for the answer, curiosity going to the highest level.

"Personal experience for one." Suzu chuckles at the dumbfounded look on Koharu. "Good luck on the day of, Koharu. See you later."

"Wait, Suzu!" Koharu stands but the dog has already run far ahead. So shits back down to continue on her contemplation.

After a while of clutching her head, she decides to finally move out of her place. Locking her scarf in place, she locks the door to her dorm room and leaves for the place in her mind. To retrieve the thing that needs to be put on a beautiful wrap.

The days end quickly. A phenomenon distinct on the fall and winter months. A season of warmer clothes or staying in their own natural fur coats.

And on one of those days, the day the fox's significant other was born. An important day that is like a miracle for the fox. The day her existence is known to the world.

Meeting her outside her dorm and under the falling snow. The feel of the warmth that the scarf and coat gives her. Her trembling hands in the cold. Racing heart at the nearing moment of bliss.

"Koharu-san!" Her princess makes an appearance, her whole body in attention of this little bundle of joy. She takes wonderful large steps on the shallow blanket of snow.

"Hisame. I was waiting for you." Koharu smiles as she feels her warmth in their embrace.

"You should've left your house much later." The mouse says in her worry. She puts not of her hands on her cheeks, hoping to help her warm up more.

"I couldn't wait to see you on this precious day." Koharu giggles even if Hisame pinches her in return.

"You're a bit of an idiot."

"No, I'm not an idiot. But a fool."

"Isn't that harsh?"

"It's fine. I still get to be with you."

"Let's just go on our way. I can't bear the embarrassing lines anymore." Hisame breaks away from the embrace and walks ahead. The blush on her cheeks are reddening as the time passes.

"Wait a bit. I have a present for you." Koharu catches up in no time to her mouse and gets the mentioned present out. "Happy birthday, Hisame."

Hisame faces the fox in surprise, her ears being an indication about her current feelings for the fox. The fox is in relief at seeing the reaction of Hisame.

"You didn't have to. I thought this date was the only thing... Thank you, Koharu." Hisame takes the present along with the fox's delighted smile.

So in return, Hisame thinks of pulling her hand to kiss Koharu's cheek.

Koharu was close to passing out then if Hisame just didn't squeeze her hand.