Stressing Over with a Partner (IchiFumi)

(Published February 3, 2022)

No One's POV

Ichie rested her cheek with one of her hands as she looked at the girl beside her. Furrowing her brows and stopping the slight wag of her tail, Ichie got more worried for the rising number of sighs coming out from the cat.

"Hey Fumi. You're sighing too much lately. Is it about Shiori again?" She was torn between asking and not. Her decision was ultimately decided by her worries about the called girl.

"That's right. I know that she can make it on her own now. We're still sisters and I can't help but worry about her." The cat reached for the back of her ears and tried to at least alleviate some of the stress with her softer spots. It didn't work as much as it said it does in one of the magazines she read a few weeks back.

"What exactly did she do?" Ichie relaxed a bit after noticing the slight change of expression on the cat. It seemed like the ear scratching did have some effects.

"She went with Tsukasa-san a few days ago and when she came back alone, she seemed brighter with her expression." Fumi eased on the scratching as she feared that she might get an injury if she went any harder.

Finally getting what she needed to hear, Ichie put on her smile and pulled the cat closer to her. With the closed distance, she embraced the girls' waist with a light squeeze.

"Isn't that the same as what you are doing to her? Though asking her directly would be the right direction and you can't exactly not entertain your guesses." Ichie went on while Fumi froze after hearing the first statement.

"You're right."

"Hm?"

"You're exactly right. I never thought of it the other way around. Thanks." Fumi returned the gesture and reached up to the top of Ichie's head to give her a good petting. The dog leaned into the touch and when Fumi relieved her of the act, Ichie almost dropped herself to the ground with half open eyes.

The moment she regained of herself, Fumi was already facing her with her usual game face on.

"I'll be right back." She said after giving Ichie a peck on the cheek. Then out to the door she went.

Ichie was still in a daze. Thinking it would've been better if it was a full kiss than a cheek kiss. Though a cheek kiss has its charms as well. She just thought that a kiss on the lips has the deepest meaning.

She shook her whole body to get herself together. A deep breath and an inhale was the thing to do, it helps her the best.

"These sisters need to trust each other more or they're not going to grow out of each other anytime soon." Ichie mumbled to herself.

After a good yawn, she laid down on the ground facing the door and enjoying the warm daylight. Waiting quietly for her other half's return, she dozed off thinking of the wonderful time they'll spend together when Fumi comes back.