Can't Help It (ShizuLala)

(Published August 22, 2020)

Shizuha's POV

Cute.

A simple word but the cause of the word coming into my brain is making it seem like I'm taking arrows right through my heart.

Her very presence leaves my heart all warm and fuzzy. I have to thank my skilled acting to keep my feelings at bay and not making it show on my face.

"Shizuha-senpai!"

"Oh, Misora-chan. Whatever is the problem?" Switching to my normal demeanor and facing the redhead.

"It's Aruru. Have you seen her?"

"She's most probably in your room. I saw her going the opposite direction of her room." I gave her a knowing smile and that blush on her face does explain some things.

"T-thanks, senpai..." She shyly scratched her cheek before she left for her own room.

With that out of the way, I faced our cute little mascot and smiled myself silly.

"Hey, Shizuha." It's been a while since I heard my name come out of her mouth that made me panic for a few seconds. I blinked to get myself out of the trance and face the pink haired, making a brow perk up.

"Are you aware that you've been making a very amusing face?" It looked like she was grinning at me. Now, that's a sight to see. But is she really, like, teasing me right now?

'W-w-w-w-what?!'

"Eh, really?" In haste, I covered my face in embarrassment and moved it to relax some muscles.

"Yes, really." She's laughing at me. "This is rare. You being silly is rare Shizuha." Another laugh, she's already holding her stomach at laughing too much.

"That's right." I slapped myself into my senses and smiled at the pink haired. "I guess I'm fine with you seeing me like this, Lalafin."

I slapped myself again, making the girl across me to flinch. This time I let my hands linger on my face, embarrassed at what had just left my mouth. I peaked between the gap of my fingers and saw that she was also somehow embarrassed and was looking down. That's kind of a win for me?

"I'm sorry, that came out kind of weird." I apologized first and let my hands rest on the table over the other.

"N-no, it's fine." She became more flustered at my sudden apology, her hands were flailing. Then her expression suddenly came into a serious one. "Then can I ask what you mean by it?"

"It's more like a... uhm, how do I say this?" I fidgeted with my hands. I was taken by surprise of her question. I, myself don't know the exact reason, but I guess it all boils down to that emotion.

"Hm?" When I lifted my gaze to meet hers, she cocked her head to the side.

"I may have been weird for the past half hour, but can I ask for a hug?" I couldn't get past at feeling lost at what answer I could have given her. I can't exactly go out with it like Aruru does. But if I were to have an answer, then it would be because I like-, no, I love her.

"Sure! I'm always welcome for some snuggling!" She stretched both of her hands and a giggle had entered my ears.

At the sight of it, the tense atmosphere that I had unconsciously made had been replaced by Lalafin's energy.

Accepting her invitation, I took her hands in my own and let her hands rest on her lap. I walked to her back, lifted her with my arms and sat her on my lap. I rested my chin on the top of her head. I let out a deep sigh, but it seemed to have not been heard by the one sitting on my lap.

"S-shizuha?!"

"Please let me stay like this for a while..." A short pause. "I don't know how to answer that question of yours Lalafin."

"Ah, I'm sorry for that." Her voice sounded like they were trembling. It hurts to hear something like that. I closed my eyes and once again let out a sigh. This time reaching her ears.

"Is something on your mind?" The pink haired started to turn her head to see at least a side of me.

"Yes, you could say that. I think I'm drifting to sleep..." I replied with my eyes slowly sinking down. I don't know what has gotten me tired, but I'll bask myself in her presence like this.

"Hey, don't sleep! I can't... you.. room..." Was what had been registered into my brain as I had succumb to sleep.

A few minutes later...

I felt some tugging on my arms. I fluttered my eyes open but I instantly closed them right back when I saw that she, too, had seemed comfortable in my hold and also fallen asleep. Or so I thought.

There was shifting in her place and I somehow felt something soft touching my cheek. Then a hand on my left cheek and a small whisper, "...I love you, idiot..."

For that duration, I had my eyes closed still, trying not to surprise the petite girl. But when I felt her trying to leave, I strengthened my hold on her and pulled her close.

I whispered right back at her ear, her back still facing mine, "I love you, too."

At that point, a satisfied grin had painted itself on my face when I had pictured her face going all red.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it's Shun-chan! 

It's a bit short but it's a shot, so it's fine. 

Oh, and also, belated happy birthday to Frontier's best theater girl, Shizuha Kocho!

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!