"I cant do it"

jj's pov.

it gets harder and harder. its killing me, with every punch the more I feel empty yet so heavy, but I'm not giving up I can't give up I'm going to beat him even if it takes my last breath. Even if it takes my soul with it, I'm going to beat him.

the amount of support i have is amazing. my team are doing everything they can to help me beat this mother fucker, the sidemen are doing everything they can to give me enough time to train and do all my other stuff along with being the most amazing friends a guy could have.

my girl is my rock right now, she's what's keeping me going through out all of this. even before we were together 4 weeks ago, i was always doing this for her and i will continue to do this for her.

"right jj come on, gloves back on" viddal shouts

I sigh, standing up, feeling the weight of the world back on my shoulders as I put the gloves back on.

We go back into a sparing session with a new partner that I have never spared with yet. He's big looks experienced with the gloves, he holds a daring look in his eyes. I knew this one was gonna be hard.

Deep breathing. In and out. Don't stop punching. hold the guard don't, let it fall. Watch where his fists pull back for a hook, move the guard to block.

I get my gum shield put in and my head guard strapped on.

Round one.
My head set straight into fight auto pilot. Block, jab, duck (but don't fall) counter, move guard, cross jab, left hook, bring back the guard, double jab.

This continued for the rest of the round, absorbing hits then giving them back harder.

Round two.
Same again however more out of breath but hitting with the same force. I zoned out, not the best thing to do unless you can keep it under control, let your emotions take over your punches.

My punches got harder, my hooks got stronger, my guard reminded fully intact. 'Just. keep. hitting. '

Anger, sadness, paranoia, stress, overwhelmingness, the weight of the world, restraint, power.

Thud.

Love.

I saw Viddals smiling face walk in front of me, patting me on the arm praising me. I knocked him out, second round.

"I don't know what you just did or what switch you flipped in your head but that was amazing jj keep it up" he was smiling, all while I just wanted to let tears fall from my eyes, but you can't show weakness in the gym so you have to compress your emotions till your alone.

I hurt, my body now only feeling the hits and jabs my body suffered as I walked into the apartment.

"You good bro you look tired as shit"

I looked up seeing Simon making some cereal while my girl was sat at the island looking up from her phone.

"Long day" I sigh looking back down.

"Hey what's wrong, come here" talia frowns

I throw my bag in front of the washing machine and walk over to talia still not raising my head.

She wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into her, her head cuddling up to my chest. I shut my eyes as I rest my head on hers slowly feeling myself relax from the day.

"What's up bab? I can tell you don't feel well"

"I'm just tired and hurting that's all"

"You want to go chill in your room? Might make you relax a little."

I smile slightly at her," ye sure that sounds good"

I open my eyes and pull my head from hers as she unwraps her arms from my waist making me feel empty and dull again.

We look over at Simon and see him smile at us while eating his cereal. Weird.

"Sorry weird, I know, you just give off such a loving energy, it's nice to be around." He smiles" anyways I'm going go to do a twelve hour stream, night you two"

"Night Simon" we reply in unison.

Me and talia walk into my room shutting the door behind us. I walk over to my bed and immediately fall back into my pillows. I feel drained of energy and want nothing more than for sleep to take over but the knowing that I have things to get done before I shut of my brain is like a force fighting back against the invading sleep.

I feel the bed dip at me feet, then not a split second later a body lays themselves upon my chest. I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it was, her presence alone lifts my mood.

I wrap my arms around her as she moves her way further up my body so that she's face to face with me and her long, soft hair dangles at the sides of my face.

"Hey" she whispered

"Hi"

"You ok you don't seem very good?"

"Ye I'm ok just had along day that's all, new sparing partner, knocked him out though second round"

"Ok so what's made you seem so down"

"This camps killing me" I say, "every part of my body hurts, physically I'm drained then mentally I'm even more drained. Every time I step into that gym it's like the whole world is on my shoulders and with every punch you'd think that the weight gets lighter and lighter but no it gets heavier and harder... I- I can't do this" I let my eyes shut taking a deep breath allowing myself to feel useless and weak and hopeless that I'll beat him in that ring.

"Hey hey" hands take ahold of my cheeks, "you look at me now, if there's one thing that I know is that anything that has ever been through at you you've always beat it before it gets a chance to even break you slightly. I know that this is hard and I know that's it's taking a tole on you mentally and physically, but I'm here, I'm always here and I'm not going  anywhere at all. You're gonna get through this I'm with you with every punch you make. And as much as the thought of you getting back into the ring and having punches thrown at you scares the living shits out of me, I'm not going anywhere jj, I'm not leaving your side"

My eyes opened as she was speaking and every word she said made my heat feel stronger, like she was filling me up with the one emotion that kept me going. Love. The emotion that took most power over my punches.

"It's always being you talia, you've always been the reason that I walk into that gym everyday and throw every punch" I admit" god I love you so much"

I crash my lips onto hers and she immediately returned it. I sat up with her still straddling my lap holding her in place with my hands as we kissed with a passion no one could top.

"I love you too" talia said pulling away from the kiss.

"No no don't say too, sounds like your just agreeing with me" I started trailing kisses down her neck.

"I love you jj" she whispered, "so much"

A/n
Wow, Ello people and dear readers, I know I'm sorry it's being a minute, I really hate Januarys always too busy for my liking can't even get into the gym without a fuss but things are calming down again so I should be up to posting again in no time, I also got very depressed after Spider-Man NWH and started writing a book on that so keep a look out for that. Anyway hope ya enjoyed this chapter it's not my best one. also give ideas on what you want to see with jj and talia I'll definitely write some up bc I'm running low on ideas.

Love ya bye
-ebs 🔵