4: New Feelings

Ariana's POV

I took a deep breath in as I inhale the sea air around me and enjoy the view of the beach in front of me. I'm currently sitting on the sand at the side of the beach, just enjoying the nature at 9 o'clock in the morning. It wasn't that hot outside yet since it's a bit cloudy but won't expect any raining coming from it and I was under the shadow of the tree behind me as well.

Taylor and Selena were still probably in their rooms and earlier before I decided to go here, I saw the guys having a few drinks at the resto bar.

Guys really do drink their life away..

I shook my head, feeling disappointed a bit but what can I do anyways it's their life. If they're enjoying it then maybe it's what matters more I guess.

Hearing the sound of the waves really calms me everytime as well as watching the salt water go back and forth from the sand. I really love nature so much.

I was just chilling while watching the beach until I decided to go back since I've been sitting here for almost an hour now. Maybe because I'm kind of scared to go back..

Shaking my head, I begin to help myself up and started walking back to the hotel, making sure to glance inside the resto bar to see if they're still drinking and yes they were.

Idiots.. drinking early in the morning.

On my way to the elevator, I saw Selena come out of it wearing a bikini and a shade. She quickly spotted me and show a big grin.

I arched up my eyebrow at her. "gonna swim already?", I asked her, a bit confused at how early it is.

"no? I'll be sun batting girl" she excitedly exclaim and I laugh at her. "wanna join me? Taylor doesn't wanna so I'll be coming all by myself" she stated, pouting at me to come.

I chuckled before at her. "okay fine so you won't be that lonely" she cheered before giggling at me. "wait for me here, I'll just go change"

"sure girl" she replied and went to the sofa at the corner of this ground floor.

After waiting for the elevator to open, I let myself in as I try to relax myself mentally. I don't know why but I feel uneasy around Y/n even tho most of the time I was the one engaging her in a conversation. But I do it for myself to make myself not to feel awkward around her especially knowing the fact that she liked me.. Or used to, I guess. I mean I don't want to assume that she still likes me until this day right? But not that I believe that rumor from a long time ago is true.. it can still be wrong to assume that everything we heard is right, right?.

I got out of the elevator when it finally opens and went straight ahead to when our room is at. Fishing my card behind me, inside my pocket while I walk. I finally reached my room but just stare at it deciding whether I should knock first or just open it up or I should call for her, saying that I'll open the door but that's just awkward to do. Like I mean what's there to prevent me from seeing, right?

I mean anything can happen.. but whatever, I'll just open the door and get straight to the point.

I swiped the card, unlocking the door and slowly push the door inside, letting myself in. I quickly spotted Y/n on the bed, sleeping on her back with her feet hanging off the bed. It looks funny but stupidly cute at the same time.

She must be really tired from driving..

I went to the bed's side and pull the blanket around her and over her hanging feet so she won't be that cold before picking what I'll wear to sun bath. I just decided to wear the simple bikini I have and quickly got in the bathroom to change.

At the time I got out of the bathroom, I noticed Y/n shifting too much on the bed and looks so uncomfortable.

Omg maybe it's because of the blanket? Is she feeling hot now?

I quickly went over to her side and was about to grab the blanket until she started mumbling. "...leave it" I heard her said.

It caught me off guard because I thought she was already deep in sleep so I just bend there, not knowing what to do but decided to leave it as she tells.

"but you obviously looked bothered by it.." I slowly mumble back, biting my lower lip, feeling a bit disappointed.

I watched her breathe, taking her precious time to respond to me and heard her sigh as she started speaking. "it's hot but you put it for me"

I don't know but that statement made my heart skipped another beat.

What's wrong with me..

I felt my cheeks burn as I stare at her side profile so I looked away, clearing my throat as I think about what to respond.

But this is actually a good chance to ask her if the rumor back then is true.. After all, sleepy people tend to answer questions, honestly.

I look back at her, crouching on the floor as I stare at her face and watch every detail of it as I came up with the good question.

I licked my lips before calling her, "hey, Y/n?" and she responded with a gentle hum. "..is it true that you liked me?" I finally asked her, biting the bottom of my lip anxiously.

I waited for her respond but she took too much time that I almost assumed that she didn't hear me and already deep in sleep until I heard her say "...still".

Is it what I think it means? That the rumor's true and she still like me until today?

"you, knowing that I like you is enough for me. I never knew this day would come. And it's really impossible for me to believe that you would ask that instead of me confessing to you" she told me honestly as she shifted on the bed, licking her dry lips as she inhale some air. "I feel good.. finally saying that" and gently open her eyes to reciprocate my gaze.

I really don't know what to respond so it became silent but it wasn't awkward since we're just looking at each other, in fact it's the kind of comfortable silence here in the atmosphere.

"you always look so beautiful.. but it's better seeing it this close"

That statement of hers made me stop breathing for a second, especially when I watch her glance down at my lips.

What the hell is happening to me..

I looked away from her intense gaze as I scramble up in my head what to respond to that but before I even said anything a loud knock suddenly can be heard coming from the door.

"I-I uh.. I'll get it.." I stuttered, glancing back at her who nodded at me before pulling myself up to get the door.

I cursed at myself mentally as I quickly recall in my head how stupid I am to react that way.

What is wrong with me? Why do I feel so hot and flustered after all of that? Shit,
Y/n what are you doing to me..

_____
Not proofread.