9: Late Introduction

I wake up to the sound of the birds, twitting outside and shifted myself, only to felt a petite body hovering over me. Gently opening my eyes to look at it, I found Ariana cuddling into my side in a deep sleep. I smiled at her sleeping face as I gently placed a light kiss on top of her head before slowly slipping my body away from her grip and replacing it with my pillow.

She easily took the bait and I chuckle at myself before going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix myself.

I watched my face on the mirror after splashing some cold water to my face, waking myself up more.

I still couldn't comprehend what happened last night..

Letting out a sigh, I shook my head as I brush the thought away before continuing to wash my face. I hissed at the sudden contact of the soap on my bruised knuckle so I quickly wash it off.

I remember hitting him so much that I felt his nose break..

I used to learn martial arts anyways so it's not a surprise I can handle both guys at the same time even when drunk..

"but still... it was too much of me" I whispered, feeling disappointed at myself.

Closing my eyes, I started recalling the first time I ever snapped at someone and it was with my sister, France.

We're not really that close so a lot of time, we're not on the page that leads us to fighting. It may be is physical but it's one sided. Yes she used to be an abusive sister to me and since I was just a kid back then, it traumatized me. I always find myself getting paranoid every time I can hear her footsteps walking in the hallway.

I don't know why she hated me that much but maybe it's because I get all the attention from my parents. She doesn't live with us anymore though because her university have dorms for the students so we only get the time to see her on weekends.

I have an older brother as well. Older than France but I didn't get a chance to see him since he already died before I was even born. Growing up, I already dreamed about what's it like to have an older brother. Maybe I wouldn't get abused that way.

My mom used to work in an company but ever since my dad got sick and needed some serious attention, she requested a retirement to focus on him. She said she already saved enough money for that kind of emergency so it's fine to stop working for a while. Ever since that we gotten so close since I don't go out that much and she was always in the house as well but visited dad in the hospital at least three times in a day. I do go with her everyday but I did got the chance to visit him yesterday and the day after that since I was busy with studies and preparing stuff for this trip. She always push me to come with her but she didn't the last time that I had the opportunity to before going to this weekly trip which is a bit weird of her to do. I just assumed that she'd probably tired since she's a busy woman after all.

Turning of the water, I quickly go back to the room to put on a shirt since I didn't wear one last night and slept with it. I then picked up my phone on the night stand and noticed a text from my cousin, saying that they're waiting for me at the resto.

It's currently 7 in the Saturday morning and it's our second day here at the resort. So far I've been enjoying it except for the fact that I just made a huge mess last night. I cringe at the thought of it, already imagining the lectures I'll get from my relatives, stating that violence doesn't resolve anything which is true in a way I guess.

I let myself slip in the entrance as I glance around the restaurant, looking for them and it didn't take long before I saw Anne, waving at me. She's always so cheerful compare to Lauren over there who wore her infamous blank face anywhere.

"why so grumpy early in the morning Laur?" I quickly stated, chuckling as I went over around to grab a seat between Anne and her sister.

She averted her gaze at me, glaring. "the audacity to ask that, don't you think?" she said, sarcastically as she take a sip on her orange juice. I then slowly hide myself from their disappointed looks as I embarrassed myself. "you owe me for cleaning your mess last night" she then suddenly added.

"of course.." I responded at her as I looked at her apologetically, glancing back at others who shook their head at me as they chuckled. Suddenly remembering something, I quickly averted my gaze on Anne who's now typing on her phone with a serious face. "you won't tell this to my mom, right?" I exclaimed, getting everyone's attention even a few heads from the other table snapped towards us. I then give them an apologetic look before setting my eyes back to my cousin who look at me with a blank face.

She is the only cousin who's super close to my mom because of her cheerful personality, closer to my mom's so they get along a lot. And because of that, my mom always finds out the shitty things I've done since she always reports it to her.

She's like her spy in my circle..

She then suddenly look up as she caress her chin with her fingers, obvious teasing with the thinking pose she's doing as she let out a long hum. She then give out a smug look before saying "who knows?" and pressing her thumb on the screen of her phone without looking at it.

I rolled my eyes at her before massaging my temple as I averted my eyes away.

Great. Now I have to deal with my mom about it.

"by the way, where are the guys?" I asked them, noticing both of the brother's presence is missing.

"dunno.. they've been out for an hour now" Angel responded with a worried look on her face.

"probably somewhere around with a lot of girls" Lauren butted in, snorting with her statement but quickly stopped when Angel spank her shoulder, glaring at her. "relax! geez, I'm just joking" Lauren exclaimed at her before mumbling something we couldn't quite hear.

"I better not catch him doing that.. or else I'll make his head bald while sleeping" she threatened, glancing around, trying to spot him.

We all laugh at her reaction before falling into a comfortable silence. Anne was on her phone, probably reporting every fucking little detail of this day and Lauren was somewhat getting all smiley over hers, maybe chatting over somebody she's interested with.

A rare thing to see..

While Angel excuses herself minutes ago to find the guy's and I just sat here enjoying the silence. They already finished eating before I made my presence known so it was already have been picked up by the waitress earlier. There was an unfinished glass of juice in front of Lauren though.

The thought of food made my tummy growl so I quickly pull myself up and heard my chair hits somebody passing by behind me. I quickly turn around to apologize but stop my tracks from doing so when I recognize who is it.

"oh hi Y/n"

_____
Not proofread.