12: Mutual Understanding

Your POV

"Y/n?"

I heard Kendall called out in front of me while I watch Ariana in the corner, watching us with her vivid disappointed look.

This shouldn't be a big deal to the both of us since we're not in a relationship and all but I somehow badly wanted to explain my side to her but I can't seem to move at the same time and before I knew it, she already took her leave after coming up with an excuse.

Wait, Ariana..

I stood there thinking about what to do and just stared at the corner where she disappeared when I felt Kendall's hands sneaked upon my neck before hearing her response. "don't mind her. That bitch doesn't deserve you Y/n"

I guess this is how it should really be... After all, our relationship weights more than with Ariana. So I don't need to focus on anything else, right?

"Y/n, look at me" I heard her spat with a hint of seriousness in her voice.

I knew that seriousness too well for me to quickly averted my eyes on her to find her suddenly smiling at me. I also knew I was being manipulated but there's just something that's stopping me from ending ties with her just like that. Deep inside I already knew what I'm talking about but I don't what to admit it. After all, I was taught by her that first times is really important that's why I couldn't just drop her off since a lot of mines happened with her.

She's my childhood friend. My first kiss. And the one who took my virginity. I just can't help myself to let go of that just yet.

"I need a reason.." I mumble without thinking that Kendall caught in an instant which caused her to change her expression and immediately pull away.

"if you're thinking about going after her. Go ahead" I heard her started before she grabs a small mirror from her pocket and started fixing herself. "but just know that.. I won't stay put and just watch" she finishes and shuts her mirror close before averting her eyes at me with a hinted wicked smile. I watch her lean closer to my face before whispering, "after all, you already submitted yourself to me so technically... you're mine" and giving the corner of my lips, a light peck.

I gently lowered my head down as I avoided her gaze and think about all the experiences she taught me as I grow older.

She's right... Right?

We grew older together since we were just kids and she basically taught most of the things that I knew now. Every secrets about me, she knows that more than anyone else. She have been nice to me since the day I met her-

Or am I just forcing myself to believe that?

I quickly shook my head off as I forced shut my mind about these thoughts that are wandering inside my head before putting up a front and wear out my smile when I look back at her.

"you're right..."

But you don't own me Kendall, not even the smallest part of my body. We're both just using each other for pleasure... more like partners. And now that I understand completely, I have no use of you anymore.

Ariana's POV

I have no idea where I'm heading so I decided to just go back inside the hotel to take a rest even though it's still pretty early in the day to do it. It's almost 8 in the morning when I glance down onto my wrist watch.

While I was heading towards my room after getting off the elevator, I immediately noticed the door being partially opened that caused me to slightly furrow my eyebrows but still headed towards the room to peak inside. There I saw Y/n, sitting on the edge of the bed that looked like she's deep into her thoughts until I opened the door widely to reveal my presence that immediately caught her attention to avert her eyes at my direction.

She had this vivid conflicts in her expression that she eventually got rid of when she watch me enters the room with a forced smile on my face. I felt the atmosphere in this room thickened while the both of us stayed silent and I went towards the other side of the bed to take my seat before engaging myself in my phone to get rid of this awkwardness around us.

"...you okay?" I heard suddenly started that caught my attention to glance up at her. She held this guilt in her eyes as she hide them with that small smile of hers.

I gave her a look before coming up with a simple reply, "yeah, why wouldn't I?" and brought my gaze back on my phone.

She didn't respond to my answer so the room went silent again until I got irritated by it so I quickly drop my phone and face her properly. "speak" I firmly told her that made her to slightly widen her eyes because of my sudden action.

"I-I..." she blurted out as a response and then held herself as she briefly glance away for a moment. I waited patiently and watch her sigh out before bringing her gaze back at me. "...I know it doesn't seem like necessary to explain myself but.. I had pure intentions", she pauses as she look at me with such seriousness in her eyes before chuckling as she avoided my gaze. "I already expressed myself that I like you... I'm only saying this to not make it look like I'm leading you on and getting with another person at the same time" I heard her said before continuing as she glances elsewhere. "I know what I'm saying is a different story from what you saw but... I'm saying the truth, Ariana" Y/n finished and look up to me with a now serious face.

I partially opened up my mouth in surprise that she'd really explain her side to me without me asking for it even though I don't have the right. I subconsciously chuckle as I avoided her eyes to land them on the ground, thinking it through. I don't know why but her, being thoughtful made my heart flutter in a weird way that I don't understand, even with that scene with the both of them still lingering around my head.

"Y/n?" I found myself calling out for her that she immediately responded within a second. I chuckled before averting my eyes and found her, waiting for me to speak up like a puppy waiting for its treats. I smiled, "let's have lunch together later" and watch how her expression soften as she reciprocate my gaze.

"can't say no to a goddess, can I?" she said before showing her infamous smirk that I playfully rolled my eyes at as I look away.

"it's not even a question, Y/n" I respond as I gently bite my lower lip, still avoiding her gaze.

She went silent after that and I got curious but decided to stay my gaze wherever it was until she finally responds. "ordering me around like a slave, hm?"

My eyebrows knitted together upon hearing that and quickly opened my mouth to talk with confusion in my head. "huh?" I started, "No, I'm not saying-" but before I can even finish myself as I look back at her at the same time, I quickly found myself a few inches away from hers and felt her lips place into mine while I widen my eyes in surprise.

She pulled away eventually and left me speechless before opening her mouth to talk. "I'm kidding... But if I'm being honest, I'm already a slave to that mouth of yours" I heard her said while she stares at my lips before glancing up at me with a discreet smirk playing at the corner of her lips.

"S-Shut up, Y/n" I managed to say after a moment and looked away to avoid her gaze and hide my red face as well.

This is bad.. I can feel my heart beating like crazy by just looking into her eyes for a moment. Don't tell me I'm already falling for this person in just a few days...

___

Took longer than expected. Busy dealing with school work and when it comes to writing, I'm currently prioritizing my other stories so yeah, expect the long update but don't worry, once I have more time since I'm a graduating student, I can focus more on equally updating every story once a week and maybe, daily updates.

Thanks for understanding and I appreciate the time yall give by just simply giving a vote and reading my story :)