Chapter 3 - A leader's duties

The Gerudo were fierce warriors, ones that prided themselves on not needing men to be 'strong' for them. This is why the ancient law that protected their town existed.
The guards at the door would tell you simply.
"No voes allowed." She growled at the newcomer, who was male.
Right now, there were limited guards, as their leader, Urbosa, had been injured severely in the Calamity's attack, seizing their beloved Vah Naboris.
She'd waken up a whole week after the attack, as her wounds had taken so much energy out of her that she'd had to slumber for such an extended period of time.
Guiltily, she'd shrouded herself with her responsibilities once more, leading with the same compassion for her tribe as always.
"Lady Urbosa," the guard captain bowed to her respectfully, "We've received recent news of the Zora princess' condition - as you requested of her."
She responded quickly, worry for her friend taking over, "Please, enlighten me."
"Of course. Princess Mipha is awake and has decided to travel to Death Mountain to seek news of Daruk's condition."
"Of course, it's in her nature to care for her friends," she absent-mindedly mumbled to herself.
Humming in agreement, the guard watched as Urbosa thoughtfully rubbed her chin.
"I believe I should check on Link and little bird."
The guard's puzzled expression told her she didn't know of her nickname for Zelda. Little bird had been what the princess' mother had called her.
"Zelda."
Nodding bashfully, the guard stood upright and asked, "Would you like us to prepare food and supplies for you?"
"Yes, that would be most appreciated. It should only take 1 to 3 weeks, at most, if I travel with a sand seal and horse."
"Of course, Lady Urbosa!" The guard bowed very quickly once again before leaving swiftly.

After her things were gathered and packed, she set off to Hyrule Castle with a sand seal for the desert. It didn't take long to cross it, stopping at Kara Kara Bazaar to speak to the people resting there. Two hylian vais and one hylian voe had taken refuge at the oasis, for fear of the Calamity's changes back at their homes. A male rito was there and a lot of gerudo sellers sat behind stalls selling fruit, arrows, fish and more.
As she left to return to her original intention, she noticed she wasn't far from the Gerudo Highlands, where she would have to walk through to get to the kingdom of Hyrule.

After a long day of travelling, she stopped at a slightly off-route stable/inn.
"Can I stay here for tonight?" She spoke, realising that she might be coming across as intimidating.
"Of course, which bed would you like?" The hylian that ran the stable nervously asked.
"Just the normal bed."
As she answered, she slid 20 rupees across the desk.
"Okay, right this way."

The next day was spent travelling through the open fields on horseback, the shaky feeling of which Urbosa was not used to. She had excellent balance, however - as she was one of the best when racing on a sand seal.

She had spent a week to journey there, as she had to return the horse along her journey and continued on foot. It was tiring and took great effort, but she made it and was nearing Castle Town. The Calamity had unfortunately destroyed a lot of the castle - that was clear.
In the castle courtyard, she didn't see anybody around, no monsters or rogue guardians or curious hylians. It was just silent.
"Zelda?" She called for her, "Zelda, are you here?"
Urbosa sighed and began to look around the castle, praying to Hylia that she might find little bird, or Link, or anyone.
The castle's eerie, macabre atmosphere made her shiver. She hated this sight but forced herself to keep looking for Zelda.
"Zelda?"
The gerudo leader's voice echoed around the ruins. No response.
"Zelda?"
The wind rustled the half-scorched bushes, a few leaves drifting in the breeze. She thought she heard a gasp.
"Zelda?"
There was a quiet cough, coming from one of the ruins.
"Who's there?"
Skirting around the corner, she clambered into the area where she'd heard a cough.
Surprised at the sight she saw, Urbosa drew closer to the two.
"Urbosa!" One of them said, "Can you help me to get Zelda to a place of rest?"
Zelda looked tired and pale, her eyes closing and opening as she drifted in and out of consciousness.
"Of course I'll help, Mipha."
Picking Zelda's weak body up, she looked around the rubble and at the rest of the castle.
"It seems the rooms of the castle are less affected. We'll go there," Mipha observed.
From Urbosa's memory of the castle, they would be able to quickly get to the guards' chamber.

The three got to the guards' chamber swiftly, Mipha fiddling with her hands the whole way.
As they arrived, she set Zelda down on a bench that was off to the side.
Urbosa asked the Zora princess, "How did she become so tired?"
"I'm not sure, all I know is that she defeated Calamity Ganon, she told me she'd unlocked her power..."
"I'm sure defeating Calamity Ganon would've made anyone exhausted, even the finest warriors of the goron."
"I suppose you're right."

After a few days of staying at the castle, they'd sought out all the remaining monsters - which were beyond weakened in the first place - and slain them.
Zelda was moved to a guest room in the castle, and Mipha and Urbosa took one to themselves each.
There were so many guest rooms, it wouldn't matter if they only took a few.
Before long, a familiar rito had joined them in the castle.
"Urbosa?"
"Yes, Mipha?"
"Is- is that Revali?"
The gerudo tempest snapped her head around to see where Mipha pointed, at the ground.
A rito with blue feathers had appeared, with a large bag on their back and Revali's Great Eagle bow.
"I think it is! Let's say hello to him, then."
Content knowing at least most of her friends were alive, Urbosa followed Mipha down the stairs from the balcony to where Revali stood, looking around the half-ruined castle.
"Revali!" Mipha called out to the rito, "This way!"