Chapter 4 - A rock's surface

Daruk awoke from his sleep, scaring the goron who'd come to clean his house.
After apologising, they rushed out to leave him with privacy for a moment.
His head ached and his body felt stiff, but he remembered everything that had happened.
That cursed Blight had almost killed him!
It took him a few moments to think of how long it had been, he surely had been asleep for at least a week or so?
He'd ask one of the gorons later.
Getting up almost immediately, he travelled out into the village, where he was met by astonished stares and cheerful greetings.
After the commotion had died down a bit, he leaned over to one of the gorons and asked how long it had been since he'd been asleep, and how his body got there from Vah Rudania.
"I think it's been 6 weeks, Daruk. And we just found you at the Northern mine."
Thanking the goron, he blinked at the ground a few times - 6 weeks!

"Hm... I really wonder if my team are alright."
He spoke to himself as he bit into his food - which yes, was a rock, as gorons ate them.
It may have been impulsive, but his wounds were no longer effecting him all that much.
Therefore, he left a goron in charge and began to roll to the castle with a bag of his belongings on his back.

Along one of his stops, he was staring at his map.
"I'll go to the castle and hopefully meet Zelda and little guy there..." he was mumbling a plan for his journeys to himself.
As soon as he'd planned out his journey, he set off again, this time quickly reaching the fork in the road that led to the Zora Kingdom.
Soon, he realised he should have gone to Mipha first, but he couldn't change his plans now.
Maybe Mipha went to the castle first, he thought.
Eventually, he made it to the castle, with no trouble. All the monsters that were littered at the sides of the roads had disappeared suddenly, with no trace of them left.
The castle seemed to be untouched, for the most part, but a few parts of it were crumbling and it now seemed habited by someone.
His hopes for this rose as he came closer, he could see familiar shapes training in the distance.
The short figure of Mipha, the muscular figure of Urbosa and the tall (and feathery) figure of Revali.
As he moved closer, he noticed they were fighting one another. Not angrily, in training.
For the moment, Urbosa was sitting off to the side, watching Mipha and Revali spar.
Mipha jumped back, holding her trident close to her as Revali landed, spear in his wings.
Spear training? It was a good idea.
Running towards them, he called out their names and smiled brightly.
Mipha dropped her weapon, followed by Revali standing upright.
"Daruk!" Mipha and Urbosa yelled over to him, with smiles on their faces.
Revali followed, "Hello, Daruk."
"Hey, guys! Where's Zelda and Link?"
Their faces changed from happiness to surprise as they realised they had no clue where Link was.
"Zelda is just resting from Calamity Ganon and..."
Revali took over Urbosa's words, "Link is nowhere to be found."
His voice had a grim undertone but seemed confident and aloof at the surface.
"Oh. Shouldn't we go look for him or something?" Daruk concernedly asked, followed by nods.
"Yes, but we're looking for a needle in a haystack if we go now. I say we wait until Zelda wakes," Urbosa answered simply, "If we see anything that could help us find him, of course we'll go looking."
Revali looked at the sky, his feathers puffing out with worry. He would probably shoot you with his bow if any of the others were to mention it.
Urbosa and Daruk noticed, yet Mipha still seemed unaware.
"I'll go see if Zelda's awake," she offered, running off before anyone had the chance to object.
"So what took you so long to wake up? Let me guess - rocks need their beauty sleep?" Revali sneered, his usual routine of hiding his emotions.
Daruk laughed, "I suppose so!"

The three had chatted for a while, about their villages and the fights they had been in. Daruk noticed Revali seemed uncomfortable.
"The thing that beat me was fast - extremely fast. And it could play tricks, too, apparently. I'd stabbed it through the chest and gone to leave, when it appeared behind me. It unleashed a rage of attacks, all hitting my shield until it was bashed out of my hands. I tried to parry using my scimitar, but ultimately I found myself stuck in a corner. I thought one more time of Zelda. Next thing I know, I'm back at my village," Urbosa explained simply, not wasting any time on details. Or possibly not wanting to remember her failure.
"Well I had gotten mine to a point where it was mostly tired, but it kept going and going! It spat small fireballs at me and one huge fireball that would always hit me. I tried to keep my protection up, but eventually I guess it was too much. It was about to finish me off. I thought of the whole team, I'd miss you guys if I did die!"
Revali crossed his arms, realising it was his turn.
"Well I was masterfully performing my gale and shooting it with bomb arrow. In fact, I thought I had it!" Revali boasted, but his voice turned dark, "Then it hit me in the side as I was flying around it - I had no time to react before a beam of light that hurt me made me fall down to a pillar. Then I shot bomb arrows at it, even in my injured state, until I suppose I had angered it enough, and it held its weapon to my head..."
Urbosa asked him, "Did you think of us, or maybe your village or Kaneli?"
Revali's eyes widened and his feathers puffed out once more in shame, "No," he said defensively.
Daruk and Urbosa shared a look of humour, "Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure!" He spat, "Why wouldn't I be?"
"Revali, we won't judge you. It's not like Zelda or Mipha are here."
"I'm not worrying about that."
"I mean... we don't know where Link is, so-"
"Fine! I'll tell you, stop nagging me already."

As the sun set, all of them returned to their rooms to eat and rest for the next day.
Daruk had moved into a spacious room, with bookcases lining the wall opposite the small hylian bed. He had to sort a few things out before he went to sleep.
Dropping his bag and weapon, he organised his room so that it may have not been the neatest, but he could sleep like at home.