Chapter 8 - A field of silent princesses

"Zelda?"
A knock accompanied by a gentle voice came to her door.
"Come in," She called to Mipha.
The door opened shyly to allow the Zora princess to walk in. Zelda had been sitting at a desk, researching the silent princess.
It was an endangered flower that had been shown to grow in the wild, but they could never grow it in captivity. Curious, she thought.
"I just wanted to ask if I could stay in here with you. Is that alright?" She added quickly, "I won't disturb you."
Zelda was surprised. Why would Mipha want to hang out with her? Surely to find out about Link, or something similar.
After a moment of silent thought, Zelda nodded her head and allowed Mipha a seat on her bed.

It had been a few hours, and the two princesses had talked and laughed for the duration. Mipha was actually a lot more adventurous than she thought. It really made her gentle personality on the outside seem even more realistic.
Zelda felt a light, floaty feeling in her stomach. It wasn't a feeling she was familiar with, at first she thought she must've been ill.
But as time passed, and this feeling remained, she soon realised it wasn't due to sickness.
Whenever Mipha would laugh, smile or flutter her eyelashes at Zelda, it would emerge again, stronger.
Time flew by, as if time didn't matter to her. Her research was forgotten, left on the desk. It called her; but Mipha called louder.
What was happening?
"My goodness, princess, you're much more mischievous than what I imagined," Mipha teased after Zelda's story, "Oh! It's dark now, how long has it truly been?"
The hylian looked to a clock above Mipha's head, where it read a surprising number.
7:00.
"It's already seven? Hylia, it's been hours. We should hurry along to dinner."
Mipha agreed and they both left the room, still feeling as high and light as the clouds.
As they walked, continuing to tell stories, Zelda couldn't help notice everybody else had already left. She hated being the one to be waited upon, always feeling like such a burden when it happened.
Entering the hall, they were met with Urbosa and Daruk sitting on one side of the long table and Revali on the other. A tuft of golden hair came from behind Revali, but Zelda paid no mind to it.
"Greetings, princesses," Revali politely addressed the two.
Urbosa also greeted them, "Good evening, Zelda, Mipha."
They sat down, and everyone ate.
Urbosa and Daruk were eating, silent but comfortable. Revali talked to Link, who had sat behind him, and Mipha and Zelda still chatted contently.

After dinner, everybody left. Zelda noticed that Link and Revali stood close, whispering to each other and smiling as they walked back to Revali's room.
Mipha and Zelda went along the corridor, further than the others, as their rooms were opposite each others'.
"So..." Mipha started, before she was interrupted.
"I don't want you to leave!" She cried, "I don't know why, but I really don't want to leave you, or vice versa."
The zora's surprised expression made her recoil, with a shameful look in her eyes.
"No, I don't either. Why don't we... stay together? Just for tonight. Like when we'd have sleepovers as children."

The sun beamed down in the morning, upon Urbosa's tanned skin. She opened her eyes with drowsy slowness.
Yawning, she pulled off the covers and slipped out of bed. Standing upright, she took her hair out of the loose ponytail and brushed it out. Her long, vermillion hair was usually never messy, only on bad days did it spike up like a frightened deer.
Today was not one of those days. She felt joyous at Zelda's obvious closeness to Mipha, the Zora Princess. On top of that, Revali seemed closer to Link too.
Her little bird was truly grown up, she thought.
A knock at her door made her jump out of her thoughts and back to reality.
"Yes?" She called, walking to the door to open it.
Outside stood Revali, who handed her an envelope with a sandy-yellow wax seal. On the front was 'LADY URBOSA', written in a red ink pen.
"Thank you," she took it, running her finger over the front and back.
He gave her a dismissal hum of approval before closing the door.
It seemed Revali was on mail duty this morning.
Opening it carefully, she unfolded the paper inside. It was tea-stained, neatly-written-on paper, with words written in black ink.
"Vasaaq," she read out, "Lady Urbosa, this letter is sent to check on your progress at Hyrule castle. We, in the Gerudo Town, wish you well on your journeys. Opayl, your appointed tempest until you return, is awaiting a response from you. She hopes the champions are all well."
The letter continued, but she read in her head instead. Urbosa let a smile draw itself upon her face, happy to hear of her home's fortune.

"Raah!" He grunted as he swung his boulder breaker around aimlessly.
To help Link get back on his feet again, the champions had agreed to help him train. They sparred with him one-on-one. Right now, it was Daruk's turn.
Link dodged underneath the heavy, blunt weapon and struck out his sword to Daruk's unprotected side, to which the goron panicked and threw his boulder breaker to the other side of the arena on accident. He instead took to backing off quickly.
Sighing, Daruk rolled swiftly to his weapon and grabbed it up, rolling back over to Link and standing once more in front of the hylian champion.
"C'mon, little guy!"
Link ran to Daruk's side and attempted to slash at him (gently, of course), making the goron turn quickly and throwing Link off-guard.
He swept his boulder breaker over the ground, knocking the hylian off his feet, before doing it again. This time he hadn't accounted for the sheer difference in height.
The blunt weapon smashed into Link's head, sending him flying to the other side of the arena. Revali rushed forwards, putting his hands up.
"Stop! Link, great Hylia, are you okay?"
Groaning and dizzier than ever, Link coughed, feeling as if he'd been kicked by a horse in the face.
"Daruk! This isn't a real fight!" The rito snapped at his fellow champion.
"Oh Hylia, I'm so sorry, Little Guy! I didn't look where I swung."
"Just back off, Daruk," Revali huffed, carrying Link to a seat.
"Hey, it was an accident, Revali," Zelda yelled over to him, "Don't be angry at Daruk, he never meant harm."
Sighing in defeat, he rolled his eyes and sat Link up in one of the arena's seats. Luckily, they'd brought water out.
"Here," he gave Link a cup, "You'll be fine."
"Why do you even care that much about him? I thought you two were rivals," Urbosa piped up, teasing Revali for his previous criticism of Link.
His feathers twitching, he shook his head, "Well a near-death experience can probably change you enough."

Sight - BotW fan-fiction (DISCONTINUED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara