cupid's bow, harry potter ✓

TITLE: cupid's bow or stupid cupid *FANDOM: harry potter TIMELINE: prisoner of azkaban to deathly hallowsLOVE INTEREST: harry potter OC: cupid muraokaFACECLAIM: nana komatsuSTATUS: requested and taken by apollospoets

FANDOM: harry potter
TIMELINE: prisoner of azkaban to deathly hallows
LOVE INTEREST: harry potter
OC: cupid muraoka
FACECLAIM: nana komatsu
STATUS: requested and taken by apollospoets

QUOTE: Love is something that can't be described. Like the look of a rose, the smell of rain, or the feeling of forever.
BRIDGID PATRICK, STUPID CUPID

CUPID MURAOKA, fittingly, loved love. A hopeless romantic immediately out of the womb, Cupid dreamt of the day that she would be swept off her feet and thrust into the whirlwind that would be her first love—which she knew for certain would be one for the history books.

Cupid's bookshelves were lined with romantic Muggle novels and movies, sorted by her own personal rankings—which were indisputable, obviously—and her room was an explosion of every and all shades of red and pink. Even at the mere age of thirteen did Cupid have a running list of her classmates (and professors...) and their respective soulmates, the notion of which she wholeheartedly believed in. However, she was also a believer in perfect timing, and believed that it was everything.

That's where her seven-year plan comes in, beginning and ending with her and her classmates' Hogwarts careers. And what's written at the top of the list, decorated with glittery pink ink?

Cupid Muraoka and Harry Potter.

NOTES:

• so cupid's essentially a secret match maker. she "predicts" who will end up with who and keeps it in her enchanted diary, but she doesn't actively try to make the pairings in her book happen since she 100% believes in fate and soulmates and doesn't want to force anything since she believes that everything will turn out how it's supposed to be in the end

• cupid is a half-blood witch, her mother is a witch and her (unknowingly non-biological) father is a muggle, hence how she knows abt all of the romantic novels and rom-coms lining her bookshelves. i envision both of them being japanese, and possibly living in ireland?? where they live isn't that relevant but i imagine cupid with an irish accent lol. but i love the idea of cupid being related to eros bc it gives me pjo vibes so i was thinking of cupid also being half-blood in the sense that she's half-god and eros is her biological father...but she doesn't know this! and neither does her father! so basic plot points for each book/movie:

poa: for context, i personally don't think cupid would be too involved with the golden trio yet. i see her as a hufflepuff and therefore she would prob be closer to ppl in her own house (e.g. ernie macmillan, justin finch-fletchley, hannah abbott, susan bones). the hufflepuffs in the golden trio's year are severely underrated!! that's not to say that she's not friendly with the golden trio, because i think cupid's friendly with everyone, but she's not that friendly with them that they include her in the sirius business, etc. so this part would start in february, the month of cupid's favorite holiday: valentine's day. she goes all OUT. she decorates the common room, hands out valentines to everyone, and even offers (aka freely gives out) romantic advice to her friends who didn't even ask for it in the first place! but she nudges ppl towards one another (according to her list) and ~7 times out of 10 it works out. but she's not discouraged because she knows good things take time! i feel like she would give her annual secret admirer valentine gift to harry that she's given him every valentine's day since first year to keep up with her #soulmate duties, and mail it to him using hedwig so he opens it during breakfast in the great hall where everyone (including cupid) can watch. harry's face definitely lights up like a fire hydrant but he's very touched each year! (and never fails to tease cupid abt it once he finds out it's been her all these years in 6th year)