three

tick

tick

the clock striking 7:00 pm had made siwoo jump lightly. she could hear her heart beating in her chest, and not in a way that everyone else can. it was quite literal. she almost canceled on jeno and sohee for homecoming, but sohee seemed so excited, she'd feel too guilty.

"that's so pretty! are you kidding?" sohee gasped as siwoo stepped out of her house, her friend examining the cute white dress she had on. siwoo had complained previously how that being the only thing she had to wear to a homecoming dance, and finding it ugly.

"thanks.." siwoo blushed, avoiding eye contact with jeno as a smile grew on his lips at the sight of her. the girl hopped into jenos car and they drove off.

after a 5 minute drive of sohee blasting music with the window rolled down, jeno driving and siwoo unable to pinpoint exactly what she was feeling. her palms were moist with sweat and she could feel her stomach churn with every breath taken in. then finally, feeling like the drive went on forever, they pulled into the parking lot of their high school.

the sound of muffled music hugged their ears the second they stepped out of the car. a group of teenagers had stood outside, waiting for friends or taking pictures. siwoo saw smiles on faces of people she thought she'd never see smiles on. school wasn't the happiest place to be, anyways.

sohee skipped in between both jeno and siwoo with excitement, locking her arms in her own which earned a light chuckle from siwoo as she dragged them in. the school gym luminated with red and blue lights amongst a dim area. the music became loud enough that you couldn't hear anyone talk unless you were yelling.

siwoo eyes scanned over the mindless dancing bodies sprawled out all over the place. couples being much too touchy than they should be, causing teachers to quickly interfere, telling them to keep it clean. most of the girls were taking pictures, then giving song requests to the dj.

upon walking past someone who smelled like straight booze, siwoo frowned and turned to her friends. "do you smell that?"

"smell what?" sohee asked, confused.

"someone reeks of alcohol..."

the two took a minute to sniff the air, trying to identify what siwoo was smelling, but couldn't. "i don't smell anything, weirdo. let's just go dance."

not having time to protest, siwoo was dragged to the middle to dance by her friend. she definitely was the farthest thing from a dancer, but seeing as sohee was such an outgoing person, it was hard to say no to her. so there she was, awkwardly moving her limbs to create unattractive dance moves.

sohee laughed loudly, "we suck!"

a few minutes went by and the song changed. sohee stopped for a moment before she gasped, and her eyes lit up. "i love this song!"

"ugh, this song is stuck in my head all the time," siwoo groaned, but unable to stop herself from singing the words loudly with her best friend. they grabbed onto each other hands, pulling into each other with huge smiles, not caring what anyone around them was thinking.