four

a figure, stood right behind the portal that just opened in up siwoo's room

a figure, stood right behind the portal that just opened in up siwoo's room. that sentence was unbelievable on it's own.

a suited figure. his face had been covered with a mask and half of it was hidden from the portal behind cut off, but confusion was visible on his person based on his body language. siwoo bent her back a bit, leaning down to get a better view of what exactly she was looking at. believing what she was seeing had to have just been her imagination, she reached her hand out.

"don't—don't touch it, unless you want your finger cut off." the masked man said, a jump of surprise coming from siwoo. he finally stepped foot into siwoos room fully, the portal closing behind him.

"...what... how..." words were almost impossible to form as she truly couldn't believe what she'd just witnessed.

"well... this is definitely not what i was expecting." the man said again, placing his hands on his hips.

siwoo scanned him up and down. "why the fuck are you dressed like spider-man?"

"...because i am spider-man..?"

siwoo gulped, unable to fully process his words. "...what was that?"

"oh, that! um... quantum physics?"

the girl shook her head, turning her back before turning back around. "that's not.. possible? like—that shouldn't be possible. and you... are not spider-man. he is not real. i'm dreaming. i'm definitely dreaming."

"uh..." the boy sighed, not knowing what to say, "sorry, i think? listen, there's no easy way to say this, but something opened the multiverse. again. was it you?"

"are you joking right now?"

he sighed again, pulling off his mask to reveal himself. "does it look like i'm joking?"

"oh! you're not peter parker. this is a joke."

the boy frowned, holding his pointer finger up to siwoo. "how do you know peter parker?"

"...how do you know peter parker?"

before he got the chance to answer, siwoo quickly shushed him when she heard footsteps heading towards her room. the doorknob wiggled as she pushed the stranger into her closet, turning around when the door opened and tried her best to look normal.

"oh! siwoo, when did you get home?" her aunt gasped, placing a basket of laundry on her bed. "i didn't know you left already. did you have a good time?"

"yes! absolutely! but as much as i love our talks, i'm really tired, so can we chat tomorrow instead?" siwoo asked, placing hands on her aunts shoulders as she lead her to the door.

"right, of course. goodnight." the older woman smiled. siwoo smiled back briefly and shutting the door, keeping still to make sure her footsteps had faded away completely. a sigh of relief escaped her lips as she hurried to her closet.

"i'm still trying to figure out how i ended up in a girls room... and not like, the corner store, or something—"

"who are you?"

the boy's eyebrows jumped in realization. "me? oh! sorry, i'm mark. mark lee. i'm spider-man. don't freak out. i don't do autographs either." the boy she now knew as mark had smirked, as if he was holding in laughter at his own joke. it faded away quickly when siwoo kept a deadpanned expression.

"no. spider-man isn't real. you're a strange man in my house."

"...okay. i can prove it? if that will make you feel better?"

siwoo chuckled dryly, throwing her head back when she saw he was being 100% serious. "sure. knock yourself out."

mark thought for a moment, ready to prove himself until his eyes landed on the web siwoo shot just minutes ago. "did you—are you..?"

siwoo looked at him, unsure of what to say, "no, i think. i don't know." she stuttered.

"you have to be. but... how did you open up the multiverse? you said you knew peter parker, right? did you meet him too?"

at this point the girl could hardly believe a single thing coming out of his mouth. "no, i didn't meet peter parker, because he's not real. he's a comic book character i obsessed over as a child... this isn't happening.."

"okay..." mark sighed, running a frustrated hand through his hair as he kept his eyes on the ground. "so in this universe spider-man exists, just not in real life. cool, cool. what do i do with this information?"

"...leave? maybe?"

"absolutely not, you're like me, you opened a portal, therefore this is equally your problem."

siwoo scoffed, "you think i meant to open a damn portal to another universe? do you think i meant to get bitten by a spider? i'm having a crisis, basically, none of this should be real."

"no, i know, obviously. i mean—who purposefully opens the multiverse after i close it, right?" mark shrugged, sarcasm slipping out.

siwoo shook her head in both disbelief and irritation. "you should go, seriously. with all due respect, i didn't intend for this to happen, so it is not my problem. i'm sorry."

she began to lead mark to the window, him not getting a chance to debate. "wait, please, just listen."

siwoo hated how the desperation in his voice made her stop, as she stood there with her arms crossed, waiting for him to speak. "go on."

he sighed, "alright, so, i understand you don't want to be dragged into this. but, i really, really can't do this alone. you are like me. dude, there is an infinite amount of people like us all through out the universe. i still can't wrap my head around the fact that i technically don't exist here—that's not the point... what i'm trying to say is, help me. please."

siwoo began to chew the inside of her cheek, tapping her foot nervously with her eyes everywhere except his own. she absolutely had no idea how this was really happening, especially to her, and it seemed like the stranger in her room claiming to be spider-man wasn't going to give up so easily.

"prove it first. that you're spider-man."

mark cocked an eyebrow, "i mean... you just proved yourself, so..."

"okay. if i'm helping you, that tone needs to go. seriously." the girl scolded.

"yes! yes ma'am. your name, by the way?"

"siwoo. oh siwoo."