five

"so

"so.. if the multiverse is open, then that means, there's villians...?" siwoo asked, watching mark pace back and forth in her room as she sat on her bed.

"it could. it's fifty-fifty, the only way to be sure is if we actually run into something bad." he replied, a slight tremble coming from his voice from stress.

siwoo noticed a vein popping from his neck, and they way he began to chew on his fingernails. it was starting to make her anxious, seeing him anxious. "okay, i'm taking this very seriously, but you look like you're gonna faint."

he stopped, letting out a defeated sigh before sitting himself next to her. "sorry."

"let's get some sleep, maybe? i have school tomorrow, and then it's the weekend so we should have more than enough time to figure stuff out." she insisted.

mark wanted to argue, saying that anything could happen in such a short amount of time, but he felt he'd already put so much pressure on her by even just showing up unannounced just after she found out she has spider abilities. "yeah, of course."

"here," she said before walking to her closet, pulling out an oversized sweatshirt and a pair of oversized sweatpants, handing it to him. she walked out of her room to allow him to change, not wanting to risk him being seen. once he was finished, he creaked the door just a bit to tell her he was done and she entered, closing the door behind her.

not bothering changing out of her own dress, she began to grab comforters and blankets from her closet and set it up next to her bed.

"what are you doing?" mark asked.

siwoo looked up at him as she fluffed out a pillow. "what does it look like? i'm sleeping here so you can sleep on my bed."

"dude, no," he scoffed, gently grabbing her arm to lift her up, "i'll sleep on the floor."

"it's too late to be arguing, just let me—"

"nope. it's your room."

"exactly, it's my room, i make the rules."

"of course! just not this."

"mark—"

"i'm not letting you sleep on the floor man, just get in bed and go to sleep."

too tired to protest at this point, siwoo hopped into bed and pulled her covers over her. she grabbed her phone quickly to set an alarm that was earlier than when her aunt and uncle woke up, so she would know if they were walking to her room. she then switched off her lamp and closed her eyes, ready to sleep.

it seemed like mark had passed out immediately, because it only took about 20 minutes to hear light snores coming from him. siwoo however, rolled around in her bed uncomfortably for hours. she felt paranoid, she could hear crickets from outside, cars driving passed her house, even the sound of bushes moving from the wind that wasn't strong whatsoever.