Hero

When Marinette was 14, she was not expecting to find a magical jewelry box containing a mini god because she stopped a man being hit by a car and was then expected to fight a magical butterfly terrorist.

Yet here she was.

"I avoided hero life for so long!" She grumbled, now transformed as Ladybug. She leapt across rooves and ended in the stadium, face to face with a stone being. It was then she met her partner, rather idiotic and obviously only had training in fencing, which he relied on way too much.

She summoned a lucky charm and easily found the solution. Years of surviving on the streets taught her to think on her feet. Her partner didn't do much in the fight, Ladybug leaped away, supplying her name to a blogger.

She found herself, almost jealous of Chat Noir, the cat miraculous reminded her of Selina and it was black and blended in more easily.

When she got back to her room, she questioned Tikki. "Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give teens such a powerful weapon?!"

"The guardian... He had no other option!" Tikki defended.

"I want to meet him."

"I'm afraid you can't!"

Marinette glared at her and Tikki soon faltered. "Also, any possibility of making my suit... Less noticeable?"

"Yes, you just have to think about how you wish to look before transforming." Tikki responded, leading her towards the parlour the guardian was in.

She knocked on the door. He seemed surprised to see her and looked to Tikki for an explanation.

"She can be very persuasive..."

"May I have an explanation?" She glared.

She found out his name was Master Fu, he made a mistake and lost a grimoire and two miraculi.

"So you gave the two most powerful miraculi to teens? One of which can't do anything except fence?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't know what else to do!"

She rolled her eyes, "Expect me to turn up for lessons on the miraculous twice a week, I will be giving Chat Noir training as well. Am I clear?"

He nodded.

"Good." She exited.

..~~..

Marinette was soon aware of the fact that she had forgotten to catch the akuma and was in a small state of panic.

Which seemed about right considering peopled were turning into Stoneheart dopplegangers all over Paris.

..~~..

She went into class the next day, sitting next to the new girl, called Alya.

Marinette didn't mind her much but she was hyperactive and jumped to conclusions easily, she lacked common sense but for some reason she took a liking to her. There was another new boy though that she could tolerate, he was almost like another version of Dick but he hid his personality for some reason, unfortunately, the fact that she tolerated him made Alya assume she was in love with him.

About ten minutes into the lesson, Stoneheart burst through the door and everyone quickly dispersed giving her a good excuse to transform.

She was much happier with her new suit. It was similar to Damien's Robin suit (definitely not because she couldn't stop thinking about him) in terms of its design, accept the inside lining of the hooded cloke was the pattern of the original Ladybug suit, the symbol of the guardians was in red on the back of her black cloke. She had a Ladybug emblem in the middle of her chest, the rest of her suit being black, apart from her gloves, belt and boots which were red, her mask remained the same.

She freed Alya, who was stuck behind a car, when she was free, she looked around to see her but saw nothing and was clearly confused.

She used her yo-yo to pry open the hand that was holding Chat Noir, who was also confused as to where she was.

"Head for the one on the tower, that's the one with the power source." She said as a voice from nowhere.

"Where are you?" He asked, glancing around.

"Hidden. Don't worry, I've still got your back."

When they arrived the police had set up but with Marinette's experience in Gotham, there were very few police officers she actually trusted to do their job.

"You've already failed once! Let us do our jobs!"

Marinette appeared behind him and he jumped out of his skin, almost falling off the car he was standing on. "How about you try it asshat? Look, cops do crap to help people from my experience and I'm not going to easily change my opinion. You quite clearly don't have the capabilities or the brain to handle this, we were chosen. So let us handle it." She gave him a hard glare, one to rival that of Batman himself and he backed down quickly.

She hopped off the car and walked towards Chat Noir who was bright red.

"You ready partner?" She asked smirking at him.

"I love you." He breathed in a trance.

"Good luck with that alley cat." She chuckled but was cut off when a litteral head of butterflies was coughed from Stoneheart. "You have got to be kidding me..."

"Ladybug and Chat Noir! Stop endangering all these inocent people! If you hand over your miraculous!" A voice boomed.

"You aren't actually serious are you?" She almost burst out laughing. "It's not even a good try! Without you, no one would be a stone being and we wouldn't even had to exist, what is the most amusing is that you use the miraculous to turn people into monsters rather than actually facing us yourself, honestly, so cowardly..." She rolled her eyes, taking confident steps towards the tower before speeding up and leaping up to purify the akumas. She then turned to Paris. "Don't worry citizens of Paris! No matter what happens Chat and I will keep you safe!" She declared releasing the purified butterflies.

Soon after, Stoneheart went down.

"Nice mew suit." Chat said, grinning.

Definitely a Dicky bird personality, somewhat familiar.

"Why thank you~" she smirked. "The other wasn't great for stealth yknow. By the way, I'm going to be training you every Wednesday and Friday evenings and 9pm don't be late. Bye kitty~" she winked.

Chat looked around to see where Mylene and Ivan were to check they were safe and when he looked back, the heroine had disappeared. "Who is she? Batman?"

.

Damien still hadn't gotten a painting to his pleasing...